They're gone

I'm sitting at my usual lunch table... but Bella and I are the only ones sitting here. The Cullens haven't shown up for school today, Emmett didn't pick me up like he always does and no matter how many times I try to call or text any of them, I haven't gotten a single reply. It's like they've suddenly vanished, like the past year never happened.

---- Time skip ----

Bella and I pull up to our house, as we get out we notice Edward standing there we walk over to him, "Hey." Bella says but Edward just avoids eye contact, "Come take a walk with me?" She nods and turns to me. I send her an 'are you sure?' look, "I'll be okay. I'll be back soon." I nod and go into the house. I go into my room but I'm really tired so I decide to take a nap.

When I finally wake up, it's dark outside. I sit up and notice a letter addressed to me on the other pillow. I open the envelope and read the letter.

-------------------------------------

My angel,

I'm sorry I didn't tell you in person, but it would've been to difficult. My family and I are leaving Forks, it's not safe for you and Bella to be around us anymore. People are also starting to notice that Carlisle doesn't look as old as he is supposed to be. I'm sorry that it turned out this way, but I hope that you will stay safe and happy.

I love you,

Emmett

-------------------------------------

I drop the letter as soon as I finish reading it. They left? Without saying goodbye?! But then something dawns on me. "BELLA?!" I shout out but I get no reply. I run through the house and check every room but she's not here. I start to cry and call Dad. "Dad? It's me Alex. Is Bella with you? I can't find her anywhere. She went on a walk with Edward after we got home from school but she hasn't come back yet. I don't know what to do." "You just wait there sweetheart, I'll call in a search team. We'll find her. I'm on my way home now." "Okay, I love you Dad." "Love you too Alex." with that I hang up and throw my coat on and wait outside for Dad and the search party to turn up.

As soon as I see Dad I launch myself at him, sobbing into his chest, "I should've stopped her. I knew something wasn't right but I let her go anyway. I'm sorry Dad, this is all my fault." He pulls back and holds my by my shoulders, looking into my eyes, "Hey, hey, hey. This is not your fault. Okay? We're going to find her. I promise baby." He then pulls me into another hug as I stop sobbing.

A few minutes later Jacob and Billy arrive, when Jake sees my tear stained face he runs over and engulfs me into a hug. "It's okay Ally. We'll find her." The whole time we search for her, he never lets go of me, holding me together as I worry over my sister. So focussed in my sister that I'm not allowing myself to grieve over the fact that the love of my life and my closest friends are gone forever.  

After about 2 hours, a boy emerges from the forest carrying Bella in his arms. Dad, Jake and I rush over, Dad taking Bella into his arms, "Thank you Sam." Dad says before running into the house. I then turn to 'Sam' and send him a strained but grateful smile, "Thank you, so much." With that I run after Dad and Bella, Jake hot on my heels.

As Jake and I enter Bella's room, I see Dad trying to talk to her but she seems almost comatose. As soon as she sees me she jumps up and hugs me, repeating 'they're gone' over and over as she sobs into my shoulder. I hug her back and let a few tears fall myself. I nod over to Dad to let him know I can take Bella from here. I slowly walk her over to the bed and lay her down under the covers, me sliding in next to her. Just like we did when we were little. She rolls over to face me and we hold hands as we both fall into a dreamless sleep.