Something's wrong with Jake

I wake up to sunlight streaming through the curtains. Groaning, I roll over and snuggle into Jake's warm bare chest. He chuckles at me, "Morning gorgeous." "I don't wanna get up." I pout childishly. Jake sends me a sly smirk and flips over so he's hovering over me, both of us very naked after last night. "You don't have to." I giggle as he starts kissing my neck. He pulls away with a smile and looks into my eyes, "I love you." This causes me to freeze. "J-Jake, I-" But he cuts me off with a chaste kiss, "It's okay, I can wait. I just wanted you to know." I smile thankfully at him and hop out of his bed, putting his shirt from yesterday on and a pair of clean panties. I get back into bed, passing Jake some boxers to put on. "We don't need to meet Bella at the movie theatre until 8. Soooo, you get me all to yourself today." I say with a smirk. "Oh no, however will I cope." Jake says mockingly, pulling my into his chest causing me to giggle.

---- Time skip ----

Jake, Mike and I are waiting for Bella to get back with the tickets. "So face punch huh? You like action movies?" Jake asks Mike. "Not really." Jake chuckles, "I heard it sucks, bad." "Are you even old enough to see this movie? Ya know, I mean like... without adult supervision." "Oh right right. Yeah, she's buying my ticket." Bella walks over, thank god. "Jessica bailed and Angela got the stomach flu so Eric's taking care of her. It's just us four." "Right." Jake nods awkwardly. "Great."

We're watching the movie, and Jake was right - it sucks! Jake and I are holding hands, smiling and laughing at how crap the movie is when suddenly, Mike jumps up, "Okay I think I'm gonna be sick." He says before running to the bathroom, Bella, Jake and I watching after him.

We get up and walk out the theatre, waiting for Mike to finish throwing up. "What a marshmellow." Jake says causing Bella and I to laugh. "You should hold out for someone with a stronger stomach." I say teasingly to Bella. "Someone who laughs at the gore that makes people vomit." Jake adds as Bella and I continue to laugh. It's been a while since I've seen Bella this happy, that thought makes me smile. "I feel bad. He probably has that flu that's going around." She says as she sits on the steps. Jake leans on the rail and pulls me into his arm, my back against his chest as he snakes his arms around my waist and I lean back into him. "Well." Mike says catching out attention, "I need to go home." I sit beside Bella but Jake stands there, staring Mike down, "I-I was feeling sick before the movie." I stand up, "It's okay Mike. Just go home and get some rest." But Jake is still staring him down, "What is your problem?" "Right now? You're my problem. You feeling sick? Maybe you should go to the hospital. You want me to put you in the hospital?" Jake says stepping dangerously towards Mike. I put my hands on his chest, "Jake, stop. Calm down the movie's over." I can feel his skin burning through his shirt, "Jake, you're really hot. You're burning up." I say as I touch his forehead looking into his eyes in concern. "Are you okay?" I ask. "I don't know what's happening. I gotta go." Jake says breathing heavily and walks out the door. "That dude is weird." Mike says.

---- Time skip ----

It's been a week since the incident at the movie theatre. Jake's Dad says he has mono. I've been trying to call and visit but Jake won't answer my calls and Billy won't let me visit. It's happening all over again. I should've known he was just going to leave me.

I've gone back to how I was right after the Cullens left, without Jake, the hole in my chest is gaping. 

As I leave another voicemail for Jake, Dad and Harry come into the room. All dressed up in their fishing gear all ready to go, "We should be back around three." He then notices the pained look on my face, "Hey. I don't have to go fishing today-" But Harry cuts him off, "Yes you do." "Harry's right Dad. You need the break, have fun. Just be careful." "Always am." "Those bears won't get the drop on me Alex. My kung fu is strong." Harry says making me laugh.