Building bikes

Jake and I are in his shed, we're supposed to be doing homework but we got a bit... distracted. It's been about a week since Jake and I started dating, Dad and Billy were definitely happy about it. Bella... not so much. At first she was pretty angry, asking how I could do that to E-him. Even though he is the one that left me. But I think she realised that Jake fills part of the gap in my heart that he left, that Jake stops me from crying myself to sleep at night like I did for two months after the Cullens left.

Jake and I are getting a bit hungry so we start walking out of the shed, his arm over my shoulder, to go up to his house when we see Bella pull up in the truck. Jake and I smile at her, happy that she's out and about instead of sitting in her room staring out of the window. "Bella!" I shout running over to her and giving her a big hug. Jake comes over too and gives her a big bear hug, "Where've you been?!" As Jake pulls back he steps back beside me and takes my hand. "Um I got you two something. It's a little crazy." She pulls the tarp off of the back of the truck to reveal two bikes that are in pretty bad shape. "Wooww. Scrap metal." Jake says fake enthusiastically. I smirk at her, "You shouldn't have." "I saved them from the junk yard. I think they'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth. But then I thought that, if I had mechanic type friends to help me out then-" Jake cuts her off, "Aahh. Us being the mechanic type friends. Since when are you into motorcycles?" "Since now... I get it of you guys think that this is really stupid and reckless-" "Yeah, it's completely stupid and reckless." Jake and I share a look, trying to decide if we should help or not. It would be a good way to spend time with her. And hopefully get her mind off of Edward and  the Cullens. I nod to him and he turns to Bella, "So when do we start?" Surprised we agreed, it takes Bella a few seconds to reply, "U-uhh... now... please?" We chuckle and Jake goes over to the back of the truck. "I'm gonna go make lunch for us and Billy. I'll be back to help out in a sec." I go over to Jake and give him a quick kiss before going into his house to make lunch for everyone.

---- Time skip ----

Bella, Jake and I have dismantled the bikes and cleaned and replaced some parts. Jake and I are building the frames of the bikes, music playing in the background. Well, that is until Bella turns it off causing Jake to look up at her, but me being used to this don't pay it any mind. "That song's good. You don't like it?" Jake asks as Bella sits back down to watch us work and help if we ask. "Um... I don't really like music anymore... I guess." "Okay, no more music." Jake sighs. So I was thinking, if all of us are going to do this everyday, and hopefully we will, we have to like... fit some homework in there. I don't want Billy thinking that I'm a bad influence on you." This causes me to burst out laughing, thinking about all the times that I accidently distracted Jake when we were supposed to be doing homework. Jake sends me a sly smirk before turning to Bella, "You influence me? Please." Jake scoffs before continuing with what he was doing. "Are you... I'm older than you so that makes me the influencer and you the influence." Bella says making me laugh at her, "Bells, His size and knowledge base actually makes him older than you." Jake laughs then adds, "Because of your general paleness and lack of know-how." We both laugh before going back to the bikes. "I convinced both of you to build two-wheel death machines with me, don't you think that makes you both kinda young and naïve?" Jake turns to her, "Okay, so where do we stand?" "I'm 35, Alex would be 33 and you might be 32." Making me laugh as Jake says, "Oh c'mon."

Suddenly, Embry's voice calls into the shed, "Yo J. You in there?" Bella starts to panic but Jake says, "Don't worry. It's just my boys." Quil and Embry walk into the shed with smiles on their faces. "Hey Jake. Alex." "Hey guys." I say standing up from the bike. "Hey guys, this is Bella, Alex's twin. Bella, that's Quil and Embry." Jake introduces. Then Quil starts to flirt with my sister, "I'm Quil Ateara." He says trying to be sexy. I just laugh and walk over and smack him on the chest, "Dude! Stop flirting with my sister. It's just weird." He just laughs and looks at the bikes, "So the bike building story is true." "Oh, y-yeah. I taught him everything he knows." Bella says trying to make a joke. "What about the part where Alex is his girlfriend?" Bella just sends a 'help me' look to Jake and I. I walk over to Jake and hold his hand, "Actually that's true as well." "What? Since when?!" Embry asks, shocked we didn't tell him or Quil. "Since last week." Jake says. Then Bella speaks up, "So you guys have girlfriends? That's awesome." Jake and I laugh. "Yeah, right. Quil's actually taking his cousin to prom." Jake says making me and Embry laugh. "Yeah that's still alright. You want funny Black? I'll give you funny." Quil says before starting to play fight with Jake. Embry and I walk over to stand by Bella, "I got five bucks on Quil." "You're on." I say high fiving Embry as we watch Jake and Quil wrestle.

---- Time skip ----

It's taken a few weeks but the bikes are finally finished. As we leave the shed to go into his house for dinner, Jake turns to Bella, "Ya know Quil keeps asking to come over." I giggle and slide my hand into Jake's, "I think he likes you a little too much." "Oh... well I'm really not into the whole cougar thing. Ya know." "What is up with you and age?" Jake asks as I turn to her, "You think I'm a cougar?" "I mean... how old was that Cullen guy anyway?" This causes both Bella to freeze up and me to cringe. Bella gets into her car and goes home, I'm spending the night at Jake's.

We're laying in Jake's bed, making out. He's about to take my top off when I stop him, "Jake... I'm not sure. I really don't want you to see my back." I say looking away self consciously. Jake takes hold of my cheeks and makes me meet his eyes, "You are beautiful. No matter how many scars you may have. You will always be beautiful to me. Inside and out." I smile at him and bring his lips to mine in a passionate kiss. Jake pulls my shirt over my head, he runs his hands down my sides and up my back as we continue to make out. "Beautiful." He whispers huskily in my ear. It's not long before all of our clothes are off and we're no longer virgins.

A/N - Sorry I really didn't want to write about that. Way too awkward.

We lay next to each other, our legs wound together and the sheets covering us as we lay there naked. I snuggle into his chest more and he kissed the top of my head.

It's not long before I fall into a dreamless sleep.