Saving Mom... or not

We're sitting in a hotel in Phoenix, waiting for the others to tell us it's safe to go back to Forks. Suddenly, Alice gasps as she is pulled into a vision. Concerned Jasper turns to her, "What is it? What do you see?" "The tracker... he just changed course." Jasper gets a paper and pen out, "Where did that take hi Alice?" "Mirrors... a room full of mirrors." She draws it on the paper and Bella speaks up, "Edward said the visions weren't always certain." "It's not a question of whether they're wrong or not... they change their mind then the vision changes." I look at the drawing and ask, "So,the course the tracker's on now... is gonna lead him to a ballet studio?" This causes Alice and Jasper's heads to snap up, "You've been here?" "Yeah, we took lessons as kids. The school we went to had an arch just like that." Bella says. "Was your school here in Phoenix?" "Yeah."

Bella's phone starts to ring, "Edward you okay?" My phone then starts to ring too, I go into the bedroom and answer the call, "Emmett, are you okay?" I can practically feel his smile down the phone, "Yeah, I'm fine angel don't worry about me. We lost the tracker so we're heading over to you, Rose and Esme stayed in Forks to protect your Dad." "I'm just glad you're all okay. I miss you." "I miss you too angel. Don't worry, I'll see you soon. Love you." "Love you too Em."

I go back into the main room, Bella said Alice and Jasper have gone to check out. I sat down on the couch to wait for them to get back. Bella's phone rings again and she picks up, "Hey Mom, I'm glad you got my message... what are you doing home?... Calm down everything's fine, I-I'll explain everything later I-" But she cuts of causing me to look at her in concern. "Mom are you there?" Bella gets a scared look on her face and that's when I work it out - James has our Mom. "Don't touch her! Dont-" she pauses for a few seconds before asking, "Where should I meet you?" I stand up and go over to my twin and hold her hand, trying to comfort her. After she hangs up she turns to me, "We need to go to the ballet studio. That's where he's taken Mom." "Okay, let's go."

---- Time skip ----

We get out of the taxi and walk into the ballet studio, Bella checking she still has her pepper spray, "Bella, I really don't think that's going to help." She just sends me a 'shut up' look. As we walk further into the studio, we hear Mom calling out, "Bella? Alex? Where are you?" Bella and I run over to the closet her voice is coming from, "Mom?" "Mom!" We open to doors to see a TV screen playing a video of Bella and I at the ballet studio when we were little. We hear a sadistic laugh causing us both to jump and turn around to see James standing there with an evil smirk on his face, causing a shiver to run up my spine. "That's my favourite part. You were stubborn children, weren't you?" He says walking over to us and getting into our faces. He strokes Bella's hair but a slap his hand away, "Don't touch her!" He just laughs at me and smacks me across the room. My back meets one of the glass pannels and it shatters, as I fall to the ground I can feel the shards of glass digging into my back. "I look up to see him pointing a video camera at Bella, "This'll break Edward's little heart." "Edward had nothing to do with this!" Bella shouts but he pushes her back into the wall and laughs, "His rage will make for more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you. Now, let's continue." Bella pepper sprays him in the eyes, I get up and we both start running towards the door, but we're cut off by James landing in front of us and throwing Bella against a pillar in anger. "No!" I shout but he pulls me by the hair causing me to yell out. He points the camera at me, "Oohh, Emmett will love this." I just send him a dirty look, "Go fuck yourself." Anger errupts on his face and he throws me across the room again. I try to stay awake, but the darkness clouding my vision is so heavy. I need to protect Bella, but I can't move. The darkness spreads further across my vision and I can't stay awake anymore, I fall into darkness.