Chapter - 23

Location: ISIED Base

•••THIRD PERSON•••

"Miss DeLentre, Agent Whittington will arrive shortly. I have informed her about the meeting you wish to set. I shall let you know the time if she approves." AICOS said to Evangeline in a hologram which appeared on the wall. Evangeline was lying comfortably on her bed, watching a fantasy movie and having her caramel popcorn which she had requested from the cafeteria personally.

"Okay." Evangeline said and paused, "what are you? Some type of robot?" she asked in curiosity.

"I'm an intelligence computer system embedded around this organization to make ---" AICOS started to explain.

"Okay okay I get it. Robot would have been enough." Evangeline said.

"I apologize sincerely, Miss DeLentre. Do you need anything?" AICOS said.

"A jacket and scarf. It's quite cold here." Evangeline lied. With the clothes she was wearing, a bit of the tattoo was seen. She needed something to cover her neck.

"It will be sent to your room as soon as possible." AICOS replied. "And I switch the heater on."

Evangeline stood up and sat on her bed, contemplating how she was going to tell Alexa about what had happened. She told Samantha and Sasha, and they didn't react normal to it.

"This is effing insane, Evangeline!" Samantha screamed trying to rub off the tattoo with warm water and a scrub. "It's real!"

"It could be a demon! Remember that book we read last summer!" Sasha overreacted.

"Guys, shut up! I'm terrified as hell. I don't even know what to do! All these weird things have been happening. I just wanna go home" Evangeline said.

"With this? Hell no! Maybe you should talk to Alexa. She's a professional in all these things, right?" Samantha suggested.

"I will when she comes back." Evangeline replied.

"You better" Sasha deadpanned.

Evangeline's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door knock. "Come in" She said as she hid her shoulder with the bed covers. A guy came in. "Have a nice day, miss." he said after keeping the clothes on the bed and left. She took the jacket and scarf into her hands and stood in front of the mirror.

She was wearing a navy blue jumpsuit which had the logo of ISIED on the top left corner. The jumpsuit was a sleeveless, halter necked dress with a belt on the waist, her tattoo visible. The thin fabric of the dress ran all the way down her knees and she wore flats.

 The thin fabric of the dress ran all the way down her knees and she wore flats