Chapter- 3

Author's note:
Picture of Jason given above. Played by our cute Dylan O'Brien ♥ I just love him ❤❤❤
-----

•••EVANGELINE•••

I was shocked by his words, "What?!"

How could he forget?! He knows that is all I wanted but why would he do that.

Why? Why me ?

Jason did nothing but look away... He tried not to meet my eyes.

Oh. Or I think...

Maybe this was all a joke and there is a camera somewhere.

I look around me to see if there was anyone else. I sent out a little laugh and said, " Okay. Okay. Come out now. You guys got me." I raised my hands in surrender.

Jason looked at me confused and then we looked at each other. With that look on his face I can tell that this is not a joke.

Back to complaining ...

Oh God! Why me? Why me? Is this some plan of yours? Is this because I lied about stealing cookies from the cookie jar and blamed it on Elina. Is it because I lied to mom that I went to practice instead I was at Sasha's house to watch the VMAs? It was worth it though.

That's not the point!

Jason asked me "What are you doing?"

My slight smile turned into a frown as I heard him say that....

"So, this is not a joke?"

"No."

"I can't believe you actually forgot to sign me up. I wanted to do it myself but you said you could do it for me cause I was busy. You know how much I wanted to be subcaptain of Skill group. I woke up this morning believing I was actually gonna be subcaptain of skill group, but you had to ruin it. You ruined the only chance I had with Jake. " Jason looked back to me again as if he heard something he didn't expect.

"Wait, you specifically wanna become sub-captain of skill group for that jerk? Evangeline you're better than that." He said while looking at me as if he heard something unbelievable.

"I actually had a chance for being with Jake for 4 weeks... Captain and sub-captain always do things together." I was so angry.

I won't get to spend time with Jake now. And it's all because of Jason. I should have done it myself. I looked at Jason and saw an expression on his face.

Wait... Was he hurt?

I just looked at him and shook my head. Not wasting a second, I left him alone on the street and decided to go to school by myself today.

*

Whatever happened has happened. Right now I need to focus on what I would do to get in the skill team. I rushed to Mrs. McCartney.

"Mrs. McCartney, by any chance am I in the skill group? "

"We will find that later now, won't we? " she replied.

As I head to my locker I saw two of my other best friends - Samantha and Sasha.

My eyes widened as I saw Sasha. She was looking outstanding. She even beat me. But she is the fashion guru after all.

"Hey guys" I said while I closed my locker and turned my face towards them, leaning to my locker and held my books tightly.

"Hey E" Sasha said. She dropped her gaze from me and started looking around me.

"Hey Angel." Samantha says with a cute smile on her face.

Sasha looked at me and said, "Hey, where is Jason? Don't you guys come together? "

"Long story" I replied as I was really not interested in talking about the morning's incident.

Samantha looked at me with a smile on her face, "Excited?"

"Yeah" I try not to show them my sadness.

Sasha looked at me closely and said, "What happened? Did you not get chosen?!"

Wait. How does she know? Oh yeah I almost forgot. Sasha was one of the wisest and nicest person I have ever known. She read me like a book. She was so mature. Sometimes she is more than just my friend. She is like my sister. We met in kindergarten. Since then, we are inseparable.

Sasha seemed way to girly but to be honest, she was not girly by heart. Most people think of her personality as a Queen Bee. But that's not true. She plays call of duty and all those games with Jason all the time. I tag along but that is not my favourite. I am interested in martial arts and arrows than guns. I have a strange personality.

"E!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Sasha. "Aren't you gonna tell me? "

"Jason forgot to sign me up as sub-captain for Skill group. I couldn't have chocolate banana bread this morning. No offence but You dressed better than me today. You beat Elina's advice. Can the day get any worse?"

"Don't worry, it's gonna be okay. You'll get in one group or another." Samantha said, rubbing my back.

"Be optimistic. I called your sister yesterday. She told me to wear this. So I technically did not beat her. And Sorry I can't do anything about the banana bread. But I think Sam can do something about being subcaptain " Sasha says trying to calm me.

"I can?" Samantha said looking at Sasha with confused expression but soon snapped out of her thought and says "Oh yeah, I can. I guess" she frowned.

--------------------------------------
Author's Note: Hope you guys enjoyed it.

((EDITED))