Chapter-17

11 years ago

"Stop crying" Alex whispered to himself wiping the tears of the corners of his eyes. "Boys don't cry." he tried to comfort himself.

He looked down at his bruised arm. If he could get his hands on him just once, he would make sure the guy wouldn't live to see another day.

He winced at the pain flashing through his arm. He sat on the cold floor at the corner of the burner room in his usual ragged clothes.

"Prescott!" the man shouted. "Come out here."

Alex remained silent. All he ever wanted was a moment of silence where he could think all his problems away.

"Now what punishment do I have to give you, Ey?" the man held Alex from his collar. The drunkard found pleasure in seeing his tear stained face. "No food for you. For two weeks!"

Alex's jaw clenched. He could control the tears but pain had to be expressed one way or another. Nobody knew it would be violence.

Location: Lake Miseria
Italy

•••THIRD PERSON•••

Leonard, the guy who has been following them from the first day. The guy in the black hood.

Three figures came into the light. Jason and Samantha stared, shocked at what they saw.

Aaron.

He was the one who had shot the other guys before the jet landed. Alexa, the girl in the dark blue uniform who was shooting the rest of the armed men came near them, "Calm down." The girl said in a thick British accent. "I'm Agent Whittington and we're here to help. Come with us."

"How do we know you are not one of them? " Jason asked "That guy.. Who is he?" Sam interuppted.

"Let me break this down to you. You stay here,  you die. You come with us. You live. Make your choice. The clock is ticking.", Alexa deadpanned as she held up Sasha who gave in.

"Guys, they are the only ones not shooting at us right now. Let's trust them. For now, at least.", Sasha tried to convince them.

Leonard ran towards them, "Any help needed? "

"Terminate the targets." Alexa replied as Leonard turned back to check. He looked back at her and replied, "Alex's got this."

"Who is Alex? And why in the world were you talking to Aaron?" Jason questioned, standing up to hold Sasha.

Leonard went and picked Evangeline up, bridal style. "She is unconscious. She needs immediate medical attention."

"No! Answer us first! " Sam protested. Leonard ignored her and carried Evangeline to the jet along with Alexa holding Sasha. Jason and Samantha soon ran after them.

"Duck!" Alexa ordered, shots still firing. They soon entered the large jet and kept Evangeline and Sasha on large leather seats and buckled their seat belts on.

"Leonard, start the jet.", Alexa ordered.

"What about Alex?"

"Who is Alex!?" Jason yelled.

"Answer us!" Sam added.

The door began to close. Aaron got in through a narrow space of the shuttle.