Chapter-6

Location: America

Kensly High School

•••EVANGELINE•••

Graduation.

The entire selection day drama had made me forget about my graduation! I was super excited for graduation. Highschool was one hell of an experience that was coming to a wonderful end.

Graduation wasn't the end. To be honest, it was just the beginning. It was more of a step to a new experience - College. I had been accepted to a decent local college.

But I didn't have my future set out for me. I still was unsure of what I wanted to be. I wanted to do something exciting and hype. I wanted to be someone who would love to do what they do. I was afraid I'd wake up one morning, and be like all the other proletariats. Another slave to society. Unhappy with what I do but just do it anyway for the pay.

For me this graduation trip was more of an journey of self discovery. A place I'd be at peace. Discover different people and places and be introduced to many experiences. Have a different outlook on life.

Graduation was in four days. Four days! Then after that the trip to the unknown. We all sat in the auditorium waiting for the principal to announce the place we were going to.

For some reason, he always got side tracked during his speeches. He'd lecture us then tell us about his experiences and somehow we'd end up talking about how his son did on a maths test.

I laughed at that memory, attracting myself a lot of eyes. "Sorry." I mouthed to them all.

"Italy!" The Principal yelled, earning himself a load cheer of the students in approval.

Italy? No! I wanted to go to Paris, Greece or Spain!!

Yes, Italy was beautiful but I thought the other places could be awesome. I had imagined myself standing on the Eiffel Tower next to Jake telling him how I feel about him.

But it seems like fate had other plans for me.

"So as we all know, three teams- Beauty, Skill and Wisdom." I snickered as the principal said the names, "And all captains have been announced." Except for Wisdom.  "We have had some alterations in Wisdom's captain. We have been notified that a student from another high school will be joining you all as the captain for Wisdom." All the students started murmuring amongst themselves as the Principal said that.

I tried to picture the Wisdom's mystery captain but couldn't.  I wonder why they would change the captain.

"His name is Aaron Gray and you will meet him in Italy." The principal cleared his throat and continued, "The names I'm about to call, please come on stage...
Edward Palmer- Captain of Beauty.
Jake Martin- Captain of Skill."

Edward and Jake were best pals. They went out on stage with so much pride that they had been chosen. Kensly High only kept best students which made the competition here really tough. Friendships and sometimes, relationship were ruined cause of this sick competition in being in the Top 30.

Most rich kids in Kensly acted so posh and treated others as if we were parasytes. My family wasn't too rich but we weren't poor either. My parents did what they could to make sure we had a roof above our head and could sleep at night with our stomachs full.

"Subcaptain of Beauty- John O'Neal.
Subcaptain of Wisdom- Evangeline 'Evie' DeLentré. Subcaptain of Skill- Sandra Jones."

I was momentarily shocked as I heard her name! Sandra!  How? She never even signed up!