La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 24.1

Start from the beginning

"And you think he took the money!?"

"No! Dexter convinced her to take the money for herself."

"Why do you really think I should care that Lauren stole from you, Jezica? Obviously you didn't care about me when she was conning me! And no matter what fancy words you try to dress up how to describe what she did to me, it still comes back as stealing from me and because you didn't say anything, it just makes you an accessory."

Jezica's look was heavy with guilt, as she said, "I wanted to tell you, but you know how vicious Lauren can be when she's mad at someone. I didn't want her mad at me. I didn't want her to use that as an excuse to hurt me or do something awful to me."

"Like take your money?"

            Angrily, Jezica said, "Stefanie you've got to help me! You've got to help me like you're helping yourself. Don't think I don't know about Dwight Bowman and his vicious ways of getting money back. You don't think he's built up a reputation as the best financial restitution agent in the world by his good looks. He'll do whatever it takes to get your money back and I need him to do the same for me. I need you to make him do the same for me or pay him to do the same."

            Stefanie cackled insanely at the audacity Jezica had. It felt the veil of naivety had been raised and Stefanie wasn't going to stand another second of giving these greedy heifers another penny of her money she had worked hard for. "You want me to help you? You must really think I'm that stupid to fall for anything you have to ask me for, Jezica. No ! No! I won't help you do anything! Now get out so I can finish my work - a word you know nothing about."

            "But he'll win! He'll take everything from me! He'll leave me with nothing." She grabbed Stefanie's shirt in desperation. "You can't let him do this to me! You can't!"

            "He who?"

            "Nick! Nick wants revenge against all of us for what we did to him! And he's breaking us up and hurting me to the bone just to do that. Please Stefanie. Please help me!"

            Stefanie was confused all over again. "Why is Nick mad at us? You're his wife, what have you done to make him angry?"

            Jezica cut her eyes at Stefanie. "You know what it is, Stefanie."

            "Remember," Stefanie snipped.  "I'm too stupid."

            Huffing in exasperation, Jezica said, "You know I've been cheating on him for a long while."

            Of course, Stefanie knew Jezica was having some indiscretions, but she really needed Jezica to admit this out loud to her and maybe give her details so she could better understand how really mad Nick was. "What do you mean? How long?"

            "Since... after Nicole." She diverted her eyes and Stefanie had a feeling Jezica was lying.