La Revanche des Trois (Revenge of Three) - Chapter 6

Sitting with a large cup of coffee made early that morning, she finished two clients accounts doing her best to try not to think of anything that had been happening to her for the past several weeks.

Working always took her mind off of her problems and at that point, she wanted to concentrate on work than on her own life.

Yet, in the corner of her screen about 9am, an alert that Lauren had sent an email popped up in the corner of her screen. As much as she wanted to ignore the email, she was too damn curious to see what was going on in her so-called friend's world, because she definitely had nothing going on.

The instant she clicked open the email from Lauren cc'd to Jezica as well, Stefanie regretted her nosiness. 

This was way for them to converse during the day and keep up with each other's affairs, although usually only Lauren and Jezica talked and Stefanie would occasionally contribute a response to show she was listening. Her life was too boring to really describe in detail like they did.

Hey y'all

In response to Jezica's demands about what happened with the gorgeous guy last night, I'll let you both know that I had the greatest time with the most perfect guy I've ever known. (And I've known a lot of guys, LOL)

After you guys ditched me (along w/the check - thanks Stefanie!), he took me to dinner to a very expensive restaurant, ordered the most expensive thing on the menu along with two very expensive bottles of wine. I was on cloud nine when he took me out to his boat for dessert and we sailed around Belle Isle.

I didn't get in until five in the morning where he lovingly kissed my knuckles after walking me to my door.

He drives a current BMV and has all his clothes custom fitted. I'm just still wowed by the boat! A boat!

Can you believe it?! Even his name is perfect: Dex Morgan.

And tonight, he wants to go out again to Gaston's. He says he has his own private booth! Do you know how exclusive that is? OMG!! He's just wonderful with a capital W!

And just as I was writing this email, I just received a perfect delivery! See photo below.

There was no doubt Lauren was bragging considerably in her email. Rubbing their nose in her happiness had always been something usual for Lauren.

Stefanie scrolled down and saw a picture of the most perfect dozen roses. By the time she deleted this email, Jezica had replied:

You lucky bitch. He sounds like Mr. Lauren number four.

Lauren responded back

Don't hate, Jezica. Plus, you're married and what does it matter? It's not like I stole him from you or even Stefanie.

They were speaking like Stefanie wasn't even there, but all she could respond back and say:

Congrats Lauren. Make sure you invite me to the wedding.

She was trying to loosely be funny, but she really wanted to type: WHILE YOU'RE OUT BEING WINE AND DINE, DID YOU FORGET TO SEND ME MY MONEY!

But she didn't write that. Instead, she forced herself to work on the software program she had been hired to develop for a company.

In the back of her mind she wondered just a little if this Dexter guy had anything to do with her mysterious stranger, but whenever she thought deeply enough, Treasure's words were true. A wealthy man and a shy man would never go to a club and a guy as extraordinarily gorgeous as this Dexter had never just sent a drink over to her or even think about asking her to dance. The mysterious stranger's good sex was making her believe anything was possible.

Pushing those kinky thoughts out of her mind, she focused herself on work.

The joy of working at home and being called a geek didn't bother her one bit. She didn't find many women in this business and certainly she didn't find any black women here either.

Three hours later, she took a break to catch up on her social networks, her website and then reluctantly checked her email again.

There was nothing from Lauren or Jezica. Stefanie felt a little better and decided to order herself some Chinese although.

Settling down to her Netflix queue, she wondered exactly how did the food at Gaston's taste? She remembered Jezica had waited three weeks after her anniversary for her husband to take her there and she said the food was to die for.

Stefanie tried to concentrate on the movie, but that was impossible. Between thinking constantly about sex with the stranger and the trouble her friends were causing in her life, it was hard to concentrate on anything.

Her cell phone rung and she almost broke her neck jumping over her couch to get to her workspace from her living room area.

It was Treasure.

"Did you get some rest?" she asked concerned.

Out of breath, she lied, "Yeah, of course." She wasn't going to admit she had only gotten three hours of sleep because of all the tossing and turning she had done.

"My client contacted me today about you."

Stefanie's heart lurched in her chest. Could she possible have a heart attack and be happy at the same time?

Things are getting frustrating, ii know, but it gets better... don't forget to please comment, vote and share! thx