Chapter 13 - A Broken Frame

Start from the beginning

"How many pictures do you have in this house?"

I could feel him smile against my skin as he chuckled.

"You really wanna know?" he asked.

"Well, yeah. I wanna know more about you."

"Gosh, you're cute." He flashed his signature smile. "That's my Kerri, always so curious." He said before kissing me, his lips lingered on mine.

His Kerri. I almost fainted at those two words. Suddenly, my whole body felt hot.

"Okay. I'll show you." He said getting up, exposing his sculpted back. One of the many features I didn't get to trace. It was a masterpiece within itself.

 It was a masterpiece within itself

"Pick one. And I'll tell you anything you want to know about it."

There were so many, I didn't know what to choose. One caught my eye. It was laying on the dresser by his walk-in closest. It was almost singled out from the rest. The frame was the thickest out of the others with golden trimming and not to mention, looked super fancy. It was a picture of a 3-story brick house with several windows.

"Umm...how about this one?" I pointed as I walked over to it and picked it up.

"Be careful with that one." He said as he took the frame from my hands to place it back on his dresser safely. "This is one of my ultimate favorites. That's the third house I sold in this city. I sold it to a business woman years ago." He was so engrossed in his memories. I could tell this meant a lot to him.

"Cool. It's such a nice house." I said moving closer to the picture.

Mr. Leto stepped back  as he continued. "Yeah, they were built in the 60s. A classic. One of the best houses I ever sold. And that's why it's here." He snapped out of his memory and turned back to me. "Now..." he said wrapping his arms around me from behind, "you have any more questions?" he whispered as he placed kisses on my neck. His hands roamed over my hips and down to my thighs.

"Um..." I hesitated distracted by him. "I'm good."

"Good." He said bringing his mouth to my ear as he spoke softly "I'm going to take a shower now. Feel free to join me." He sauntered to the bathroom.

There he goes again, leaving me breathless in my PJs in the middle of his room. It took some time to let what he said sink in. A shower? Dear Goodness!

I heard the water begin to run, inviting me in.

Excitement crept back up and I was rearing to go like a revving up car. I hopped around as I flung off my pants.

As I scurried to get my pajama top off, my hand got stuck in the shirt. I stepped back to pull my night shirt over my head and my arm hit something and heard a crackling thud on the floor behind me.