Chapter 19 - Magnets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Cover Photo for this Chapter is the Honorable Mention of the Her Instinct Cover Contest by @AmandaHargrave (wattpad & twitter). Congrats again!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*****Please keep your thoughts coming! My experiment is still open, so if you haven't shared yet, please comment/message me this. Feel free to be anonymous on my tumblr (username - cadeathens). I love what I'm hearing so far!*****

1. You're age

2. Why do you like the story/What makes you come back to read a new chapter?

3. What's your favorite part so far?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was inspired by the song "Bom Bidi Bom" by Nick Jonas feat. Nicki Minaj. Feel free to listen as you read!

Allegra finally conked out on her bed... I even tempted to poke her a few times to make sure she was fully asleep for sure.

I checked my phone and saw a text from Mr. Leto.

Bring your swimsuit.

I snagged my bikini from my suitcase and snuck out of the room effortlessly. As I stepped into the spacious living room area, I spotted a pair of bright almond eyes looked back at me in the dim light.

It was Nico.

"Can't sleep Nico?"

"Uh – yeah," he spoke hesitantly. I could see that he was holding something behind his back. The silver foil from what looked like a Hershey's bar.

I grabbed it from behind him.

"Hey!" he started to yell, but quickly hushed himself so he wouldn't wake anyone.

"Nico, Mom said to stay away from the candy. You'll be sick!"

"It's no fair Kerri. You get what you want, but I can't eat candy."

I paused dead in my tracks.

"What in the world am I getting?" I asked. Uncertainty tried to creep in, but I wasn't having it. He's too young to know what he's talking about, unless-

"You get to be with Mr. Leto" He squinted his eyes at me.

My heart sank as I nearly choked on my breath.

My little brother. My little, sneaky, blameless – so I thought – little brother was smarter than I ever gave him credit for in his almost 9 years of life here.

"Nico, Mr. Leto and I already went over this with you. We were just-"

"I don't believe you!" He frowned up his face, partly in confusion, partly upset. "I've seen the way he looks at you. And he look at you a lot, Kerri. And when you look at him, your eyes do the same thing. It's like they talk to each other or something."

He knows. Kerri, it's either flight or fight.

I busted into forced bent-over, side-splitting laughter.

Nico looked stunned.

"What an imagination you have!" I tried to catch my breath dramatically. "Now I see why mom said to put you in drama camp."