Chapter 4 - In the Night

The name of this chapter was inspired by the song In The Night by The Weeknd. Feel free to listen as you read!

I headed up the stairs as slowly and quietly as possible. It was as if time slowed down. My steps were anxious, but careful – wouldn't want to wake the others. This opportunity was too perfect. I turned and walked down the hallway, cool and focused, like I was on a mission and Mr. Leto's room was my destination.

I bit my lip as I approached the door. It was closed, but there was a soft yellow glow radiating beneath the door, telling me he's waiting.

My hands almost slid off the doorknob - sweaty with anticipation. Just the thought of Mr. Leto sets a small fire ablaze all over my body.

This is it. I'm about to go where no high school girl has gone, well, at least to my knowledge. I could turn away now, but I couldn't do that even if I tried.

I tapped on the door timidly and held my breath. The wait and anticipation cascaded over me like a waterfall. 

It felt like an eternity until the door finally opened. There he was. Sexy as ever. His outfit unchanged, but the look he wore was a new alluring wardrobe. He was seduction itself.

Without a word, he took me by the hand and closed the door behind me. The door clicked as he locked it, never taking his eyes off mine.

The silence itself was breathtaking. We were like thieves in the night. I was almost high from the exhilaration rising within me.

He gently placed his hands on my face and kissed my forehead. Odd enough, this feeling was so familiar to me, resembling that of a loving father. I've seen him kiss Allegra's head like this so many times before. I shook myself out of my thoughts, I couldn't bear to think of Allegra now.

His lips left my forehead and found my cheek, but this kiss was different. His lips lingered against my skin.

From my cheek, he made a soft trail of kisses down my face before finally, placing his lips on mine with a warm tenderness

From my cheek, he made a soft trail of kisses down my face before finally, placing his lips on mine with a warm tenderness. His lips were soft as velvet.

He broke the kiss to meet my eyes. I was stunned - frozen in absolute enticement. Mr. Leto KISSED. ME!

"I'm glad you came, Kerri," he whispered. He took my hands and guided me towards his bed, his seductive eyes entrapping me. He sat down next to me and smiled, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. I tried not to blush, but failed miserably. 

"I've wanted this, you know, " he began. His voice was low as he caressed my cheek. He leaned in slowly, "to have you here." His eyes bored a hole into mine with a peculiar sincerity. I felt ... safe. How bizarre! My friend's dad just said he wanted to have me in his room, and I feel safe? I'm a goner.