Chapter 62: Slow

Before starting the chapter i suggest you listen to Seo In Guk - BeBe while reading it'll help set up the mood .

Author's POV

Dinner was rather quiet , the boys didn't know what to say to ease the awkward silence they were eating in until Mary spoke " I don't think i can sleep alone in my room , i keep imagining someone coming in whenever i close my eyes " she said calmly .

"I'd appreciate it if one of you could keep me company" she didn't try to sound cute for the appeal and she would have accepted if they had refused , she wasn't asking for a favour , she was really scared and didn't hide it , there was no need to because it was written all over her face and they were much aware of it .

"You didn't have to ask , we already talked about it " Minseok said as he frowned almost glaring through the thick air around them .

"I'll stay with you tonight, tomorrow night Lay will stay with you and so on so that you won't be alone "Suho said after giving her a reassuring a smile .

Mary gave him a genuine small smile and blinked her eyes once .

The dinner wrapped up with Xiumin , Luhan and Kris leaving for their run they agreed on going to leaving Mary and Kyungsoo cleaning the table .

Mary was absent mindedly washing the dishes Kyungsoo handed her , she was zoning out so much , he noticed .

She looked somewhere right straight in front of her , frowning without realising it , Kyungsoo called her name a few times but she didn't answer , he wiped his hands with the towel hanging on the chair next to him and hugged her from behind , securing his arms around her waist, she was exactly about five centimetres smaller than he was .

Mary flinched almost dropping the plate "What are you thinking about ?" he whispered into her ear.

Mary placed the plate she was once holding on the counter and washed her hands " Nothing really " 

"You were zoning out , means you were thinking about something " Kyungsoo remarked .

"Yeah well , the thing is i don't know what i am thinking about exactly " she said .

"Then don't think " Kyungsoo hugged her tighter making her forget whatever that's her on mind; Mary leaned in the warmth he was offering " Since we are done let's go rest Okay?" Kyungsoo asked .

Mary hummed then turned released from Kyungsoo's arms then pecked his cheek "Goodnight " she said softly .

Kyungsoo looked at her intently for a few seconds with this smile on his face , a smile as he was the happiest right there and then , yet he couldn't explain it with words .

He grabbed her swiftly and slowly by the waist drowning her to him , he kissed her " Goodnight " he said after letting go .

Mary smiled to herself on her way to her room , she raked her hand through her hair feeling like she suddenly couldn't think of anything , she opened the door of her room to find Junmyeon on the sofa with a book in his hands .

He looked up when he heard her footsteps " Hey " he softly muttered .

Mary was still smiling , she sat next to him .

Junmyeon had noticed that she was giddy and wanted to leave it that way so he didn't ask her instead he placed the book on the table near and rested his arm on the sofa right above her shoulder , giving her a look as well .

They were all giving her strange looks lately , she found it weird .

She turned to look at him , their eyes locked for a while before the sides of her lips curved into a small shy smile avoiding eye contact .