-Calum-

10th August, 2014. 4:30 PM

"This is shit, we don't have a drummer, the auditions are like next week."  Shweta whined. 

"I'm saying we'd take Ashton.. he's my friend and he's perfect!" I replied.

"If you're taking Ashton, then Luke's gonna be in too."  Michael said, rudely.

"We can't have three guitarists, c'mon." I said.

"You'll be the bassist!" He replied as if it was obvious.

"I wasn't counting myself, I'm saying you, Shweta and Luke.."

"Shweta won't play the guitar. She's hardly even gonna sing."

"What??? Why?" Shweta asked.

"Look, you don't know how to play the guitar and neither can you sing properly, just be in the band but you know, let us do everything!" Michael explained.

"Righttt, I shouldn't even be in this band." Shweta replied.

We did not realize how serious she was, so me and Michael both replied, "We wish,"

She stared at us and then just ignored us, while me and Michael went back to arguing, "Fine, let Luke in, I agree with you." I told Michael. Shweta looked at me in dislief when I said that I agree with Michael, but it was only the truth. She was a learner, a new learner.

"Okayyy, so we could just choose some of our old songs.." Michael started, but did not complete his statement, I'm sure he thought about the times we used to be a band and have the best friendship but he acted like it didn't affect him so did I, I mean, shit happens and you just have to move on and we totally needed to get over our hatred for for each other.

"We should take Wherever You Are, it'll be good for  duet?" I suggested.

"No.. that's too slow, we need to set a reputation, we need a song like Try Hard"

"But that's not good enough for Shweta? Like what is she gonna sing? 'I'm so out of reach, and I make him feel like he's trying too hard?'" 

"No, you dumbfuck, she doesn't have to sing too much, so in the second verse she can just be like "I rip my jeans so he thinks I'm cool,"  You get it?"

"Why do I not have to sing too much?" Shweta asked.

"Because you can't!" I said, "and yeah, I guess thats cool, we should start practicing now.. I'm gonna call Luke and Ash!"

"Yeah, lets just finally get started!" Michael replied.

"I'm not doing anything," Shweta finally said.

"What? Why?" Michael asked.

"Lets just quit it, I'm leaving." And she walked out. I knew she felt bad about us talking about her like that, but in my defense we were just kidding.

Michael sighed and turned to me, "Whats her problem?" he groaned.

"We'll have to talk to her." I shrugged.

"She's being a baby, whats even up with her lately?!" He yelled again.

"I don't know, man.. she's been weird." I didn't really know why but it could have been the break up.

"Lets go and talk to her before she gets all dramatic" He sighed.

***

Me and Michael both walked to the school playground, where she usually is when she's upset or mad, and we were right, she was sitting there, crying, mostly. Why was she crying? There was something surely wrong with her.

"I'll talk to her first, she's like my best friend" Michael said, and I shrugged. It was true, they were both like close friends, me and Shweta hadn't had a proper encounter or conversation after the meet up in her house, it was awkward for both of us, because I showed too many emotions and it was obvious that I like her way too much than a friend, well I don't know, she would have taken it normally but for me, it was anything but normal.

"Whats up?" Michael sat beside her and looked at her, seriously. I sat on her other side.

"I'm such an idiot!" She laughed, while wiping her tears.

"C'mon Shweta, you know we didn't mean it!" Michael replied.

"You guys made it seem like you're all just doing a big favor on me!" 

"Well, we kind of are, but thats not the point, we care for you! We don't want you to fail!"

"Yeah, you know what? Stop, don't do that favor on me! I'll just apologize and beg and get it all alright, I don't need your fucking favors when you don't give two shits about my opinion!" She yelled.

"Don't give a shit about your opinion? For fucks sake, me and Calum hate each other but we're doing this for you! Fucking shit, Shweta, you're fucked in the head or something? We're all into trouble because we actually give two shits about you!" Michael yelled louder.

"Well, if you're just going to tell me how I don't know anything, then don't fucking do it! Leave it!" Shweta yelled louder than Michael. This looked more like a contest of who can scream louder than the other.

"Guys... lets just not! Shweta, we love you, and we want everything to be perfect so that you could have a good reputation, yeah?" I said.

She just rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'm in. Sorry." She said without any expression.

"Keep that attitude to yourself!" Michael was annoyed, and I was too.

"Then why did you come here?" She raised an eyebrow.

"To see if you're fucking sad about this stupid shit!" 

"Stop being so fucking rude, I'm already confused about something, please Michael. Just fuck off."

"Yeah, like what?" Michael asked with no interest.

"My ex boyfriend apologized." She simply stated.

"Wait, what?" I asked, suddenly interested.

"Yeah, he said he'd try again..." She said, turning her face to me.

"And?" I was hoping that she did not say a yes. No, she couldn't.

"I don't know.. I really like him."

"But he used to be violent, right?" Michael said.

"Exactly!" I agreed with him.

"So? He said he's sorry, and it was just twice.."

"What the fuck, are you serious?" Michael just stared at her, "he's been violent twice and you believe his fucked up sorry?"

"You haven't even met him, so shut up!" She blurted.

"Something is wrong with you, how can you even? Shweta, you're saying a no." I ordered her.

"Who the fuck are you to decide what I should do?" She was being rude, and that's when I realized, she did not feel anything that day and its all in my fucking head and she likes the guy who was rather a bastard of a man to her more than she'd ever like me. And that hurt a lot.