9

troye squeaked slightly when he felt a pair of arms under his armpits, pulling him up into a sitting position. it was jacob, leaning over the bed, and sitting him up.

"what the fuck is going on?" jacob snapped, and troye rubbed his eyes tiredly with his fist.

"jacob, i thought you said were going to sleep..." troye mumbled tiredly, standing up and sitting on the bed right beside jacob.

"i was, but i'm not anymore. show me your arms," jacob demanded, and troye furrowed his eyebrows. "what are you on about?" he groaned, rubbing his face with his tiny hands.

"show me your arm, kid."

troye held his arms out, rolling his eyes as jacob rolled up the sleeves on both of his arms, turning troye's arms over so he could see his wrists.

sure enough, on troye's arms, were lines from the razor.

"happy?" troye raised his eyebrows before jerking his arms out of jacob's hands and rolling his sleeves back down.

"i...why?" jacob asked cluelessly, so confused at this point, that he was almost speechless.

"i want to sleep now," troye muttered, his voice soft. "please," he added for good measure.

jacob just nodded, glancing over at the flower in the sink for a moment before he laid back down, closing his eyes for a moment, but he still felt troye sitting on the bed.

"if you're gonna lay down, do it, but don't keep me awake," jacob grumbled into the pillow.

"sleeping with a stranger," troye scoffed as he laid down next to jacob, trying to keep as much distance (which wasn't much, if any) as he could on the small cot. "how appealing."

"shut up," jacob groaned, rolling over on his side and feeling troye turn over, also.

a few moments later he felt someone rest their chin on his shoulder. he was tempted to squirm away, but he was too tired to do so.

but when troye tried pushing his body against jacob's to get more warmth in the small treehouse, jacob turned back around, anger written all over his face as he shoved troye away.

"try that again and i'll break your fucking neck, got it?" jacob snapped, and troye's eyes widened. he nodded quickly as he scrambled off the bed and back onto the floor.

"goodnight, jacob. you really need to stop being an asshole."

"shut up and go to sleep."

but, to be quite honest, jacob felt lonely on the bed after that.