3

"it sounds like a voice," connor mumbled.

there was a voice in the distance. none of them could make out what it was saying until it came slightly closer.

"jagga! jagga, come back here, you stupid fucking dog!"

jacob stood up as fast as he could manage when he saw a boy in the distance, calling to something jacob couldn't see.

the boy stomped his foot on the ground, giving him the appearance of an annoyed toddler. "jagga! come here!"

"no!" the kid cried out. "no, no, no no!"

jacob's usable hand instinctively moved towards the gun in his back pocket. if this kid heard what happened in that alleyway, they'd all be fucked.

"you know what? fine! i'll go home without you, you dumb mutt!" the boy scoffed, crossing his skinny arms over his chest as he stormed off, heading directly in the gang's direction.

a short, stubby dog followed the boy right after that, as if it understood his threat.

the boy and his dog walked closer and closer to jacob's group. none of them seemed to be able to move, all of them scared that the boy was going to call the police on them.

the kid came to a immediate halt when he came to the tiny clearing that jacob and the rest were in. his eyes went wide as he glanced over everyone, a confused look on his face.

"they didn't tell me you were coming," he spoke with a soft accent, his caramel colored curls bouncing as he shook his head in shock.

"who are you guys, anyway?"