5

"you said you're a doctor, help me with my arm, then," jacob grumbled, glaring up at troye.

"it shouldn't hurt, though!" troye protested, his thin eyebrows furrowed together.

"why do you keep fighting me on this? it feels like a fucking elephant just stepped on my arm, i should think it hurts, kid!"

troye huffed, pushing his curls back and resting his palm on his forehead, almost in confusion, as the dog named jagga sniffed jacob's legs.

"i'll help you. but you have to tell me how you got here in return," troye finally said reluctantly, a dead serious tone in his voice.

"we will. just help him!" connor gasped out, his eyes wide.

troye whipped around to face connor, putting his tiny hands on his small hips. "and who are you, trying to rush my job?"

"i'm connor," connor mumbled, giving troye a suspicious look.

"well, conrad, let me do my job. i don't need your lipless input," troye rolled his eyes. jacob was tempted to laugh, the bad chemistry that was already going on between troye and connor, even though they didn't know each other, was kind of pathetic.

"just fix my arm," jacob sighed out, and troye nodded. "i'll try. come on, let's go to my house. i keep all my things there."

jacob stood up shakily, supporting half of his body weight on troye's side, even though troye looked like he'd snap in half of jacob fell on him.

"come on, jagga," troye said softly, patting his thigh as he started walking, the squatty dog and the rest of jacob's gang following along behind the two.

"how did you guys get here?" troye asked jacob softly.

"we were, er, running down an alleyway, and there was this fence there and um, we jumped over it and now we're here."

troye stopped walking and practically jumped back from jacob, causing the tall boy to lose his balance and nearly fall over.

"wait, wait?" troye gasped, his eyes as wide as a saucer.

jacob gave him a confused look. "what're you so shocked about?"

troye quickly shook his head, grabbing onto jacob's side again to stabilize him. but he grumbled to himself the whole time they were walking.

"i'll have to speak to the council about this," troye muttered angrily, and jacob stared down at him. "what 'council'?"

troye rolled his eyes. "don't you worry about it."

"you won't have to worry about it for a long time now."