Chapter Eight ✓

~Hailey~

Can someone explain what the fuck this is? I arrive to the meeting place that Kevin told me about and it looks promising. 

Promising that I won't go with him again

Some people would say that it's a romantic gesture for a date to have petals scattered on the floor with candles guiding me elsewhere. 

This isn't a date and this is platonic. 

I don't care if I'm being pessimistic as hell here but who cares. I'm not supposed to look forward to hanging out with my ex while I'm married. 

I want him to leave me alone. Life doesn't stop for me so I always just have to keep moving forward, except that he holds me back. He keeps me anchored to the past I tried so hard to move past. I got tired of chasing happiness to I went and created my own, I can't have him bringing cataclysm in it. I went ahead. I couldn't wait for 'opportunity' to knock on my door. I built my own door and knocked on it myself. I am my own chance and opportunity for my future, you are the solution to your own problem.

I see Kevin smiling with a bouquet at the end of the path. "Did you like it?" He asks.

"People would get the wrong idea and you have no mercy for the people who have to clean all of this up," I said then looked at him with a serious face.

Kevin smiled as he handed the flowers, ignoring all my criticism. He then gestured to the mat laid flat on the grass.

"I decided to go simple cause I know how you don't like to be too over-board," he explained as he took out two Tupperware and gave one to me. He handed me a fork next.

"Open it," he excitedly said. I open the container and saw spaghetti. 

"Okay, you got me. Where did you buy this?" I looked at him then took a bite. Wow, it tastes delicious. Of course it does, Hailey! It's spaghetti!

"How does it taste? I cooked it."

I almost did a spit-take. "You did? Did you set the kitchen on fire?"

"I didn't, I learned from the best cook I know," he smiled. 

"She must be some great cook then."

"Yeah, you are," He says out of nowhere and I felt myself choke. He quickly hands me some water and I drank it.

"Sorry," He says while I drank. I just continued eating and didn't talk. 

"We still have somewhere to go to," he says. 

"I thought this is the only plan tonight," I stood up and smoothened my blouse. 

"Did you think I would let this chance go? I would take you everywhere I can if I have to. I won't give up that easy. Let's go?" He asks as he puts out his hand in front of me. I hesitated at first but gave in soon after when he gave me a warm smile.

Stop playing with me, Kevin.

I must be the hunter, not the hunted.

I must be the heartbreaker, not the heartbroken.

~End~