Chapter Two ✓

~Hailey~

"Well, are you coming or not?" Emily asked impatiently. "Time's ticking and I need to plan it, I need to know how many people are going to get accommodated."

"So let me get this straight. You invited people to a bonfire reunion that you haven't even planned yet?"

"I'm good at last minute planning. Now hurry up!" Yeah she was right, she was good under pressure. So I tried to tease her.

"Well since you say you're good at it, my answer can wait."

"No it can't! Why do it later when we can finish it now," she yelled from over the phone.

"Fine, I'll attend," I replied. I can't affording pissing her off, especially when I held her that long on the phone.

"Good, bring your husband! Now too-ta-loo~" She cheered then hung up.

"Who was that, love?"

"Emily, she invited us to a bonfire reunion."

"Oh? So I get to meet your old friends then.."

Old friends. The first person that popped into my head was Kevin. I can't really say I've completely moved on from all that.

"Exactly, hun," I smile, cuddling with him.

"When is it?"

"Tomorrow night, since we don't have any plans I agreed."

A smirk tugged at his lips. "Well, It's a good thing it isn't tonight cause we have plans."

I smiled innocently at him. "Oh? What kind of plans?"

"I plan to make dinner out of you," he whispers before he begins to plant kisses on my neck down to my shoulders. I giggle as the sensation of his lips against my skin is soft and gentle. The plans aren't what you think of, we're just making out on the couch while movies play in the background.

I know deep in my mind that despite trying to get over past traumas, even with therapy, I'd still relapse sometimes and get scared of things, even love-making.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next day soon turned to nightfall. Jake and I arrived a bit early for us to be able to settle in. Emily soon attended to us and showed us our hut. After a few brief moment of explanation of the events she soon dragged me outside and hugged me tight.

"I miss you so much, Hailey"

"I miss you too, Em."

"Umm... Sorry to break the news to you just now but, I kinda sorta invited Kevin too."

I felt as though my face turned pale and my body felt all fragile. Kevin was here?

"I didn't really think that he would agree but he did."

"Oh," was all that I could say to her.

I tried to calm myself down. Maybe it will all go smoothly.

"Listen, Hailey, just try to talk to him. If it gets awkward, which I hope it won't, you can just ignore him. Past is past and the two of you went your separate ways. He must learn to let you go." She tried to comfort me.

"I guess," I shrugged.

~End~