Chapter 7

It was funny how Shane acted like he was fine while everyone else was worried. Shane didn't eat food but he did go out the next day to get supplies. Joey was casually sitting on the kitchen counter eating a box of crackers while Stacy checked all the backpacks to make sure everything needed was in there just in case.

You were wondering what Shane was doing at the moment. Shane was a good friend but he did make stupid choices.

Two days passed without Shane showing up.

Everyone is worried about Shane. Joey sat and stared at the door while biting his nails. Stacy constantly complained about being bored.

"Hey how about we go out and explore?" Joey says one day. Stacy shrugs and looks at the kitchen counter. "I don't know...maybe we should wait longer for Shane..." You say.

Joey shrugs, "Your right." Stacy brushed her hair back out of her face and groaned, "We should but will we ever go out?"

"Of course we will." You say.

One week has passed and Shane still hasn't showed up.

You were laying on the floor sleeping in the middle of the day. Stacy was constantly walking back and fourth. Joey just sat around and stared at the door.

"I think we should just leave now." You say as you wake up. Stacy nods and Joey shrugs. "B-But Shaney..." Josh whines.

"No Joey. I think it's best if we leave....he might be uhm.....a zombie already." Stacy says and sighs heavily while brushing her hair out of her face.

Joey sighs, "one more day, please?" Stacy shrugs and looks at the floor and mumbles something no one can hear.

"What was that Stacy?" You ask as her head shot up to look at you. "Uh...nothing...sorry." Stacy says. "Whatever....one more day so we know we're good." You say.

You all sleep then wake at the early hours of 5 AM. The sun comes up and shines though the bedroom window which is boarded up but has some cracks so the sun can peak through.

Everyone gets up and sighs heavily. In silence, you all eat a granola bar for breakfast. As soon as Stacy finishes hers, she gets up and checks the bags. Joey goes to the bedroom and grabs the weapons which consisted of knives since you haven't found a gun yet.

Joey hands you and Stacy your knives and keeps his own. Stacy puts on her backpack and begins to unblock the door of the things kept in front of it. You and Joey put on your backpacks and tightly grip your knives. When the door is unblocked Stacy turns around to face you and Joey.

"Let's do this. You guys ready?" She asks. You and Joey simply nod. She turns around, opens the door, and steps out with you and Joey following her.

"Well, back to the outside world."

***************************************

Aren't I just the best author? I really don't like my stories but eh whatever. <3