"So what do we do now?" He asked, walking into my room.

"Well we aren't going back down there until we absolutely have to. I don't want to deal with them right now." I told him.

He sat down on the couch and looked around. "Why don't you just tell them how it is?"

"Because I don't want to start any trouble with them and my mom, which is who they would blame if I ever did that."

"You're too good to be put down like that."

"I'm trying to be the bigger person." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Well you're kind of letting them walk all over you."

"That's usually what the bigger person does."

He sighed. I guess he doesn't like seeing people get treated badly. That's a good thing, but he can't get aggravated by it like he is.

"We should go downstairs." I said. It was almost time for dinner and I was dreading it.

Both of us walked downstairs to the dining room. Of course they were there already. Grandma glared at me.

"You should always be early Andrea. That way people are impressed when you arrive."

I wanted to take the candle in the middle of the table and throw it at her. That would probably be hilarious. She has enough product in her hair that it would probably just ignite.

Trevor and I both sat down at the table. I could only pray that this would go fast.

~~~

Kill. Me. Now. Please. All I have wanted to do this whole time is bang my head on the table. Why can't they leave me alone?

"Andrea, your slouching. Sit up tall."

I straightened up reluctantly. We're in the twenty-first century, people slouch!

"I don't want any humpbacks in my family. It's a disgrace."

"Wouldn't want to disgrace the family." I mumbled.

"Don't mumble. People need to hear when you speak."

"Well apparently you did hear me or you wouldn't have said that." I spat.

Her eyes widened. "Do you use that tone with me. I won't have it in my house. I'm sure you learned it from your mother. That woman never should have been trusted to raise a child."

And that did it. "Stop talking about her like that! The way she raised me was perfectly fine. The only reason you don't like her is because she doesn't have the money you have. Money doesn't make you a better person. In fact all it has made you is a stuck up bitch! And I can't wait until I turn 18 and never have to see your ugly plastic face ever again."

I got up and ran out of the room before I could hear her response. The tears running down my face were ridiculous. I don't even know why I was crying.

Before I could lock my door, Trevor pushed through. I didn't hesitate to throw my arms around him.

"It's ok Andy." He whispered into my hair. "Everything is going to be ok. I promise."

"I might have just ruined everything." I cried.

"So what? You never have to come back here after this."

He was right. I could say anything I wanted here because this was going to be the last time I ever came here. But I couldn't stop crying. The sobs coming from me shook me so hard it hurt.

"Here." Trevor said, picking me up and carrying me to the couch. He pulled me on to his lap and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. After that I just sat there with my head on his shoulder. He stayed quiet the whole time, just holding me there.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked quietly.

He let out a little laugh. "Why wouldn't I be? I like you Andy."

Those words made my heart speed up. It's not like he meant it like he actually liked me. We're friends.

"Sometimes I think I don't deserve it."

"Well you do. You deserve so much more than what you have."

I smiled. Everything about him makes me feel better about myself. He just knows how to help me with these things. I looked at the clock and decided it was late enough to go roam around.

"Want to see the rest of the house?" I asked him.

He smiled. "Yeah."

I stoop up and grabbed his hand. "Come on then."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I said I would upload faster, and I'm pretty sure I kept that promise. This chapter is kind of boring, but the next chapter is the one I've been wanting to write from the very beginning. I will post next weekend, maybe earlier. Vote and comment! :)