22 - The Lamest Joke

V'S POV

What will you do when a lady suddenly fall down in front of your eyes? Me, I don't know. And with a blood? I'm doomed! I hate the sight of blood.

"Taehyung Appa she's peeing blood!" I heard Aska shout at me while pointing at the lady.

"You know her?"

"She's my friend appa. Help her palli palli!" She nudged my arms in panic.

"Arasseo." I hurriedly went out of the car and ran to her.

I carried her bridal style then went back to my car when a man ran towards us.

"What happened?" He worriedly asked.

"Ahjussi, do you know Miss Chairman?" Aska asked him.

"She's my wife." And he showed us his wedding ring.

"Let's go for now before something bad happens to her." I said as I put her in the backseat while her husband also came in.

While driving our way to the nearest hospital, I quietly observed the people at the back. The man is praying hard while tears roll down from his face. He is also saying sorry over and over again.

Damn! This scene felt like a deja vu of that painful past.

"Appa, will my friend be okay?" Aska softly asked me which brought me back to my senses.

"I hope so. By the way, how did you know her?" I asked.

"Oh, she bought me ice cream today. Also, she's my first friend in grandma's shop. Grandma said she owns that mall." -Aska

"Ohhhh.." Was all I could say.

"She's just like mom. She took care of me like mom did. Also, she fought with the witches. She's like a superhero. She's so cool!" Aska continually bragged.

***

NO ONE'S POV

Naeun woke up, head feeling so heavy. Moving her hands, she realized there are wires attached to her.

"What is this?" She said trying to remove the IV needle from her hands.

"Babe you're awake!" Sunggyu woke up after feeling her movements.

"Yes. Luckily I am. What are you doing here? I thought I told you I don't want to see you?" She said, avoiding to look at his face.

"Babe.."

"Please.. Get out. Now. And tell the doctor to remove this shits off me." She yelled.

Sunggyu just stayed where he was, his head bowed down.

"What are you waiting for? Please get out now. I don't want to see the person who betrayed me.. Thrice.." She said again, now in her lowest tone.

"Naeun-ah, our baby.." Sunggyu hesitated, not wanting to break the painful news to her.

"What happened to my baby?" Her voice trailed.

"The doctor said the baby won't survive." Sunggyu said in his almost whisper voice. But for Naeun, it's the loudest thing Sunggyu has said.

"What?!!" Hey eyes widened in shock.

She stayed silent for a while.

"Tell me I heard it wrong Oppa.." She finally said in her shaking voice, tone almost pleading.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry Naeun-ah.. I'm sorry.." Sunggyu reached for her shoulders and pulled her for a hug while bawling his eyes out.

Naeun's world seemed to have collapsed as her remaining wits disappeared. "No.. No.. No.. No.." She blankly said, forcing herself to absorb everything.