Belief

Sienna's P.O.V
I woke up abruptly, my eyes wide open and breath heavy as I found myself now seated on the cot.

Even though I couldn't recall my nightmare, I felt a huge emptiness of panic in my chest, so it must have been truly horrific. And that could only mean that Pan had been in it.

I got up quickly, trying to calm down my panting and wiping the cold sweat away from my reddened face.

As I got dressed, I couldn't help but hear Pan's words over and over again.

To believe in Neverland, you must believe in yourself first, Sienna.

So that was the reason why I couldn't get food, tools or anything at all: because I didn't believe in myself anymore.

"He's just messing with me." I tried to convince myself under my breath.

That was his real aim: to confuse me, to let my guard down so he could take revenge for what happened at the lagoon. If I dared to doubt myself, he would win.

Again.

However, I didn't feel like I lost. He had got to see that I wasn't his little toy anymore. He wouldn't play or have fun making me run in circles again, but I would. I was perfectly conscious of what I had done last night at the lagoon, and the consequences it would evoke.

But I was certain about one thing: I wasn't the same Sienna who had woken up in the island, bewildered and afraid, anymore.

"Pan murdered that Sienna." I reckoned out loud. And it was true.

I suddenly looked around and became aware of my surroundings; I was so lost in thought, that I had climbed down the ladder of my treehouse and I was now wandering around the woods. Unconsciously, as it had become a habit, I'd also taken my bow and quiver with me. By now, I could already smell the salty scent of the sea. I knew my treehouse was near Pirate's Cove, but I had not dared to visit it since Jack's disappearance.

"Maybe a little chat with the Captain would clear up my thoughts." I said to myself, following the path that led to the narrow beach.

It probably was an absolutely disastrous idea but, if Pan was right, perhaps I could battle my loneliness by trying to amend the mistakes with my recently-discovered father.

Nonetheless, my hope for that vanished as soon as my feet stepped on the cold sand of the cost, the Jolly Roger being nowhere to be seen.As always, a dense fog enshrouded the coast, so I firstly blamed it on the absence of the ship. But, as I vainly tried to distinguish the slightest silhouette amongst the mist, I realized the Jolly Roger was certainly gone.

"This makes no sense," I muttered, turning around in shock.

Hook wouldn't leave like that. Not after our last conversation, not after seeing the desperate look his eyes held; he yearned to talk to me, to get to know me better. And I did leave him before he could. But Killian... he would never give up so easily. I knew it.

"This must be Pan's deed." I mumbled through gritted teeth, feeling how wrath clouded my vision. "He really is determined to get me back."

There still was the tiny possibility the Jolly Roger had left Neverland to bring something back to Pan, as that was the initial deal between him and Killian. But something, maybe the slightly cold breeze that was blowing, seemed to whisper, belying that hopeful thought.

I raised my gaze to the sky, desperate.

"I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN PEACE!" I bellowed at the top of my lungs, full of wrath, full of loneliness, full of despair; lost.

With a shaky, feeble voice, I corrected myself weakly, "I just want to live."

That morning, the sun was not shining. It was almost like a calm storm, which made absolutely no sense at all. But what in that bloody island did?

"You want me to believe in you?" I shouted yet again, now even more furious. "Fine then, I believe! Did you hear that, Pan?"

"I BELIEVE!"

What came after those words seemed like a dark illusion fleetingly flying in front of my eyes, vanishing only an instant after, like my mind had only played a foolish trick on me.

     Was that a shadow?

But a loud thud proved that I had not gone completely insane.

As I laid my eyes on the apparently unconscious figure that lay on the beach, my heart skipped a bit before the possibility it could be Jack. But that beautiful chance slipped through my fingers as the boy moved his head lightly, turning his face to my direction.

I observed his features for a second; he had a pale, round face framed by messy, dirty blond hair. His cheeks were rosy and fairly covered in sand due to the fall, a small trickle of blood dripped from his crimson lips. He was wearing a worn, filthy white shirt, dark brown trousers and wheat-colored canvas shoes. If he had been standing on his feet, I was sure he would be much taller than me.

I approached him cautiously, placing an arrow on my bow and pointing it at his body. His eyes were still shut.

Abruptly, the boy sat up straight and gasped loudly, taking as much air as possible. His dark brown eyes flew open in my direction, shocked and terribly frightened at the same time. He instantly crawled back, raising both hands in surrender.

"Who are you?" I demanded sternly before he could say anything, aiming my arrow straight at his forehead.

He gulped difficultly, looking at me dead in the eye.

"I... I..." the boy stuttered, shifting his gaze to the arrow. "My name is Thomas."

His scared, coffee eyes met mine again, and that's when my instinct obliged me to lower my weapon.

Who the hell was Thomas?

----------
Any guesses of who's gonna play Thomas? It shouldn't be too complicated ;)
I honestly have no idea of what I'm getting myself into. When I started writing this fanfic, it was for pure fun. Of course, since I decided to publish it here, you guys are my main preoccupation, although my reasons to write this story have not changed: I write because I love doing it and, if someone thinks my work is worth it, I write to entertain them too.
My aim has never been to make an astonishing plot or an amazing story so, if something just doesn't fit, I don't worry too much. This is just another simple fanfic, not a complicated novel or something like that.
Sorry for this long A/N, I just wanted to make it clear. I really appreciate all your support and you must also know that I am not planning on quitting writing The Game anytime soon^^ Thanks for everything,
Love you all🖤
~LostGirl2SR.