Playing

"What... what do you want me to do with this?" I stumbled frightfully.

"Felix," he said, ignoring my question. "Lend me your dagger."

The blond boy obeyed. He took his dagger and handed it to Pan. Pan took a tiny bottle with some kind of a dark liquid inside.

"What's that?" I asked, as angry as confused.

"This, my lost girl, is Somnumbra Atra, better known as Dreamshade." Pan smirked.

I felt frightened. I don't know why, I just had a really bad hunch, so I remained silent. Pan opened the little bottle in his hand and poured one drop on Felix's dagger. The metal became instantly darker. He held the hand where I had his dagger and poured a second drop on it. Jack laid his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me.

"What are you expecting her to do with that?" he questioned, wrathful. His innocence and joy had vanished.

"Oh, Jack, it's not just about her. It's about you too." Pan answered with evilness in his voice. He handed Jack the other dagger, but Jack refused to take it.

"I'm doing nothing with that."

"See, brave gentleman," Pan started. "Those two drops of Dreamshade are from a rare poisonous plant which is only found here, in Neverland. They're lethal. One scratch, and you die. Understood?"

"What the heck is this? Are you expecting us to fight each other or something?" I yelled out of my mind. He smirked wickedly and I feared the worst.

"Exactly." he stated. He threw Felix's dagger to Jack, which he caught with ease. Pan stepped away and got out of the Lost Boys' huddle. "Come on, guys! Let's have some fun!"

The boys circled us closer.

"Ten!" they all shouted at once. I looked at Jack and met his eyes. He stared back at me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." he stated.

"But you're gonna die!" I yelled desperately. Actually, I knew how to fight. And so did Jack. We'd spent long, entire days fighting against each other and playing with many types of weapons, such as bows.

"Nine!"

I glanced at Pan. "Please don't," I begged with my gaze, but he merely smirked in response. Oh God, how I wished to get that evil grin off his face.

"Eight!"

"Sienna! Let's get this over!" Jack demanded. "Come on! Just do it! Hurt me!"

I shook my head in disapproval. I looked around: Al and Wayne, the little boys in the orphanage who had come with us were staring at the scene, petrified. They were, for sure, the youngest in the camp. Pan would soon let them go. The Lost Boys' chants rescued me from my haunting thoughts.

"Seven! Six!" they bellowed as I lifted my gaze, trembling.

"Sienna, now!" Jack shouted desperately.

"Five! Four!" the countdown kept on running and I wasn't willing to hurt Jack. Suddenly, Pan waved his hand and I felt like aching inside. I grabbed Pan's dagger's handle unwillingly. "Three! Two!" I looked at Jack one last time. He threw his dagger away and raised his hands in surrender, fear but determination in his eyes. I felt a huge knot in my throat as tears ran down my cheeks. I shot Pan a look full of hatred before stepping heavily towards Jack.

"One!" and I went for him.