Pan's Place

Back to the camp, Jack and I saw the Lost Boys dancing around the campfire and laughing.

     "Come on, lad" Pan said to Jack. "Go and enjoy yourself." Jack looked at me, questioning with his gaze 'What about you?'.

     "I've got some things to do with her." Pan replied. Jack glared at him.

     "Be careful." Jack warned me. I nodded and held his hand for a few seconds.

     "Don't worry." I answered. "I have always been able to take care of myself." Jack forced a smile. Then, he let go of my grip and joined the others.

     I took a deep breath and turned around to see Pan staring at me.

     "Well, are we going to stay here forever?" I asked him, annoyed. He chuckled.

     "Of course not." he laughed in response. "Follow me."

     "Where are we going?" I asked in a stiff tone.

     Pan vanished and reappeared so close to me that I felt shivers running down my spinal cord. My heart raced and I stepped back, trembling. He raised an eyebrow.

     "To my favourite place on the island." he finally answered, and I decided to remain silent for the rest of the way.

***

We finally reached a big clearing inside the forest. A huge tree was standing in the middle of it with a magical and enchanted feeling to it, which made me want to stay there forever.

     "This is my thinking tree." Pan woke me up from my thoughts. He stared at me for a few seconds and I glared back at him. "May you take a sit?" he invited me.

     "I'd rather sit on a cactus." I hissed. He chuckled and winked. A second later, both of us were sitting under the enormous tree. I looked at him confusedly.

     "I can teleport anywhere." he explained smirking, and things began coming clearer. "So beware."

     "Wait," I replied utterly ignoring his threat. "If you can teleport both of us anywhere, why have you made me walk all this time?" he chuckled under his breath.

     "Just 'cause." Pan merely said and I glared at him, demanding a real answer. "Let's say... I wanted to show you the island." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

     "And why did you bring me here?" I asked coldly. The words seemed to affect him, but his sad grimace was soon replaced by a sly smirk.

     He raised an eyebrow.

     "Because here, under this tree, I'm stronger than in any other place." Stronger? Pan could be even stronger? I looked at him, afraid. "And I wanted to show you how powerful can this island be, the wonderful things you can do here." I shot him an skeptical look.

     "Wonderful things?" I scoffed.

     "Believe me, Sienna. Not everything here's what it seems." Pan waved his hand over the grass and a red apple appeared out of nowhere. He handed me the apple and I took it gratefully. Actually, I hadn't eaten for many hours, so I was starving. I bit it and instantly felt it's delicious taste, so juicy and sweet.

     "How did you do that?" I asked. He smiled widely.

     "Neverland runs on imagination, on belief, lost girl." he answered as I took another bite from the apple.

     "Why do you keep on calling me like that?" I asked, surprisingly not so angrily but curiously. "And why did you make me attack Jack before?"

     " 'Cause I wanted you to prove you are one of us." Pan answered. "Felix and the Lost Boys wouldn't have trusted me if I hadn't done that. And you weren't going to attack him on your own."

     "I know how weapons work." I blurted out. "I could have fought against anybody. Defeated anybody. Except for Jack. And now, he won't be able to leave anymore."

     Pan's eyes rose up to the sky.

     "And, talking about that," I continued, trying to attract his attention back. "Which is the price I'll have to pay for saving him?"

     "This is the price." he answered, staring back at me, a feeling of relief invading me. "But I want you to learn something else." Pan stood up and offered me his hand.

     "What?" I asked frowning, quite unsure.

     Pan showed me a wide grin.

     "Fly" he merely answered, taking my hand.