Flying

I rose to my feet and looked at him, confused.

     "Fly?" I asked, widening my eyes.

     Pan chuckled and let go my hand, which was now warm because of his touch.

     "It's not difficult, Sienna." he said. "All you have to do is to think in lovely thoughts."

     I let out a sarcastic laugh.

     "Lovely thoughts?" I scoffed at that stupid idea. "I'm afraid I don't have many."

     "Pan stepped towards me and gently laid his hand on my shoulder. His contact made me feel so nervous.

     "Come on," he whispered, grabbing my shoulder more strongly. "Focus. Remember all your good times."

     I didn't believe it would work, but I closed my eyes and focused on all my nice memories. The first time I got a gift for my seventh birthday in the orphanage, a bow and a quiver. All the times that Jack and I'd had a good time, all our walks, our talks, our laughs... All of the few beautiful moments in my life invaded my mind. Even the most unsuspected one.

     I opened my eyes and saw that Pan had sprinkled me with some kind of a green dust.

     "This is Pixie Dust" he explained and I gave him a doubtful nod.

     Suddenly, Pan elevated himself and started to fly. He offered me his hand from the air, but I was still on the ground. As soon as the dust touched my head, all of my happiness and excitement in that moment overpowered me and it felt like I was floating. Amazed, I looked down and realized that my feet were not touching the dirty floor anymore.

     My eyes met with Pan's and we both smiled widely. He made me forget all the problems and the preoccupations for a moment. Despite all what had happened with him, I took his hand and started flying beside him.

     "So where are we going now?" I asked as the adrenaline filled my veins up. He grinned and his eyes gleamed with slyness.

     "You'll see." Pan simply answered, and I let out a nervous laugh.

     We soon reached a high point enough from where we could see the huge, lush jungle below. Pan pointed somewhere in front of us and I looked that way. An endless and amazing sea laid out under the dark sky and the two shiny moons. I could hear the magical sound of the waves crashing against the rocks at the seashore.

     My mouth fell wide open, and I noticed Pan staring at me, laughing at my face.

     "Guess you like it" he chuckled. I gave him a small and silent nod, still staring at the astonishing sights.

     We reached the shore and stopped over a rock, still floating. The stunning sea looked so beautiful... I completely forgot about everything, even though Pan's presence still made me feel uneasy. I turned around and unconciously met his piercing eyes, which were implacably latched on mine. I sighed, trembling, realizing that he was approaching me as we both elevated more. I tried to back away, but his gaze petrified me in a way that my body was utterly unable to move. His arms circled my waist. His face and his lips became closer to mine. Pan closed his eyes and leaned in slowly, showing a little grin that seemed to melt my heart.

     I closed my eyes too, my lip quivered. "Peter" I mumbled under my breath.