The Skull Rock

Pan and I landed abruptly on the ground. The journey had been really stunning, but at least I didn't faint, although I felt quite sick. I looked around confusedly: we were somewhere into the jungle again.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, annoyed.

"The game's changing, lost girl." he answered unclearly. I glared at him.

"What do you mean by that?" I demanded. He shook his head.

"No questions this time." he said coldly and I wondered if I had ever got any real answers though. "Come with me."

He started walking and I followed him silently, even though I still was annoyed. He cut the weeds in his way with the dagger and we soon reached a high cliff. I looked in front of me, my gaze getting lost, and instantly froze. I'd heard about that place, but didn't realize it would ever be real.

"The Skull Rock" I muttered with hoarse voice. "What are we doing here?"

"Told you." Pan set his green eyes on mine. "No questions this time." he took my hand into his. "Ready?" he asked raising an eyebrow and I glared at him.

"Like I have a choice." I just let out and he chuckled holding my hand tighter.

All of a sudden, we began to rise over the floor and started flying. I could sense Pan's gaze on me, just like the first time we'd flown together, and wondered why hadn't we just teleported to the Skull Rock. I wondered if Pan just wanted to hold my hand without me squirming to get away from him. I shuddered and looked away, avoiding his piercing but beautiful eyes.

"Alright, Sienna?" he asked, sensing the tension and the uneasiness between us.

"Sure" I muttered glancing at the Skull Rock, but he was still staring at me. "Can you tell me what the heck is so important in there?" he smirked, recovering his usual deviousness.

"You'll see." he held my hand tighter and I couldn't help but look at him this time. He showed a small grin as we landed slowly, dangerously close to each other.

The island had a small shore before entering the huge rock. As soon as my feet touched the sand I let go of Pan, what he seemed not to like. I looked at him directly in the eyes: it was as if we had developed an amazing ability to communicate with each other through our single gazes. His green eyes on my own, icy ones. I could even saw his dark soul behind those two beautiful eyes, and that really frightened me. It frightened me because that meant, for sure, that I was starting to understand him, or worse; think like him.

"Let's go in." he said after a long, awkward silence. I nodded stiffly.

I followed Pan into the Skull Rock. As we walked, my fear became inevitably bigger. There was a large, sand-floored space inside the huge rock. Traces of moonlight filtered through the enormous holes that apparently were the Skull's eyes and nose. I looked around, but the space was empty. Pan stopped and stood in the middle of it.

"So?" I asked impatiently. He glared at me, making me shut up.

"Wait and see, love." Pan muttered and I shivered at hearing that word coming from him. "Wait and see."

He waved his hand briefly and a green, sparkling dust turned up.

"What's –" I tried to say, but Pan stopped me.

The dust began to gather around us, creating a weird, small figure. It looked like bean.

"Beans." I scoffed. "Thought you'd have something better." Pan chuckled and stepped closer trying to intimidate me, but I didn't back away this time.

"They're not common beans, lost girl." he said. "They're magic beans, and they can get you off this island. Obviously, this is a fake one though."

I felt how a spark of hope was lit inside me, but it soon faded. I stepped even closer and he smirked deviously at my actions. He was really enjoying my game.

"But I guess I'm not getting them for free, am I?" I whispered almost on his ear. He stepped back, laughing.

"Of course you're not." he chuckled and I instantly felt upset, but didn't give up. "Magic always comes with a price."

'Oh yes, how would I ever forget that?' I thought but remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"But there's more than one person willing to pay this price." he explained, and he remained silent this time.

"Jack." I thought out loud. I didn't like the way that conversation was going and I was starting to be scared. Then, it hit me. "And Bae." Pan smirked in agreement.

"Exactly. And they're being told the same as you right now." Pan said and turned around, looking at the bean. "Baelfire needs the bean to return with his beloved family, the Darlings. Jack, the brave gentleman, wants the bean to get your little friends, yourself and himself off the island."

I recalled Wayne and Al, who were still alone at Pan's camp. Jack wanted to save the four of us? Then something different appeared in my mind.

"But Jack cannot leave," I replied and glared at him. "Since he drank the enchanted water after you made me attack him." Pan rolled his eyes.

"He actually can leave," Pan said. I frowned at him, wondering how would he manage to do it. "He could exchange the bean for his freedom. Then, all he'd need to do would be to find another way out. It's the price."

I thought about it as a smirk grew wider on Pan's face. He then continued:

"What Jack doesn't know is that I enchanted the bean. It just works with one person, so he couldn't save the four of you. I bet he would prefer to save one of you than get his own freedom. I just wonder who'd be the chosen one... I bet that would be you." I gulped difficultly, for I felt a huge knot in my throat. "And you lost girl, you're the best part." I lowered my gaze, afraid of what it came next. I perfectly knew what he was about to say. "After knowing what your best friend would do for you, question is, would you be willing to do the same for him?" And there it was.

Deep inside, I knew the answer. I knew what Pan was accusing me of and I also knew that he wasn't so wrong at all. I looked up as a single tear ran down my cheek. I was about to give him an answer, but no one was in front of me, and I was alone again.
As I had always been.

--------
PLEASE READ!
*Screams* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Guys guys guys! The stroy hit 1k reads! omg I can't believe that, I'm so fricking happy right now!
You guys are the best I love you so much!
So this was an special update for the 1k. I know that there should be Pan's hourglass in the Skull Rock, but I promise everything will be found out if you keep reading.
Now please don't be a ghost reader and tell me what you think!
[My apologizes for this long A/N] Thaaank you so much for reading
~LostGirl2SR.