Defeat

Hook's P.O.V
"My name's Sienna," the lass stated. "And I'm your daughter."

     The blood in my veins stopped running and my lungs briefly froze as a million thoughts ran through my mind, invading it. For a second, I felt utterly overwhelmed. But an incredulous and mocking chuckle slowly made its way to my throat, leaving my lips hoarsely as I realized the stupid thing she'd just said.

     "Making things up won't help you, love." I scoffed. "And I strongly believe I would remember it if I had a daughter."

     The lass shot me a desperate look as a frown grew wider on her face. I could have sworn I could see misery and disappointment in her eyes... or maybe the exact word was hurt. She then bowed her head, her eyes welling with tears, but my taunting smirk never left my lips.

     She suddenly shot her head up again, a look of determination in her eyes now.

     "You can't remember me," she started again, confidence laced to her tone. "Because you willingly forgot it. And my mother too."

     I let out a hoarse laugh.

     "Well I actually must recognize that really sounds like something I would willingly do." I sincerely admitted, but my interest focused on another thing then. "And who might that mother of yours supposedly be?"

     "Milah." the lass lifted her chin defiantly, never trailing off.

     An instant fire was uncontrollably lit inside me. How did she dare to even pronounce her name? Who was she to do it? And, most important, how did she know about my lost love?

     All those questions haunted my mind as I bored my enraged eyes into hers. I held her gaze for a few seconds, her eyes looking into the deepest inside of mine severely. She was completely unfazed.

     "I don't have a daughter." I hissed harshly through gritted teeth, her eyes narrowing sternly. "And I never will."

     And with those last words, I rose to my feet again and headed the door, leaving the lass behind me.

     "I can prove it." she boldly claimed from behind. I stood still, freezing in my way out. She was starting to incense me.

     Without turning my head, I scoffed at her, "And how would you do that, love?"

     "You gave me coin before abandoning me," she called out. I turned round to face her back. "A golden coin of your first booty. It also had a pirate skull carved on it."

     I let out a mocking chuckle as she uselessly struggled to turn round.

     "Love, you could've got that coin from anywhere." I sneered. "Any man claiming to be a pirate has one."

     She bowed her head, all her confidence and her courage fading to turn into something different... defeat.

     "I'll set you free when you decide yourself to tell me the truth of why you came here and how did you know about Milah." I stated, turning round once again and grabbing the doorknob. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go."

     And I shut the door closed behind me, locking her up and keeping the key safe on my pocket.

Sienna's P.O.V
The door closed behind my back and I heard the creak of a key turning in the lock.

     I bowed my head and titled it back again, trying to hold my tears back, in vain though. My reddened cheeks got quickly wet as the previous conversation repeated over and over again in the deepest part of my mind.

     I gazed at the wooden ceiling as more tears streamed down my face.

     Making things up won't help you, love.

     I strongly believe I would remember it if I had a daughter.

     You could've got that coin from anywhere.

     I don't have a daughter.

     And I never will.

     How could I have been such a fool? I'd been an abandoned child during all my life. I never had a mother or a father to admire. I never knew where I came from or who was my family. Why had I thought that finding them would change anything after all that time? Nobody loved me.

     I felt miserable. I felt devastated. I felt how my heart filled up with defeat, despair, and something else... something extremely dark that had never been inside me, despite all the pain I had gone through. Rancor.

     Nobody loved me. And that's why I was lost.

----------------
Hi Lost Ones!
So how's it going? Hope you enjoyed it so far. What do you think is gonna happen next?
Now I have bad news: I'm leaving in 16 hours for a 12 days' journey and will have no Internet, that's why I've updated twice. I swear I've looked for any possible way, but I'll have no WiFi. I'm really sorry:(
BUT, I promise I'll update twice again as soon as I come back.
Sorry again, and thanks for reading
~LostGirl2SR.