[Rewritten] [Ch. 8] I Swear I'm Done With "New" Things

A/N: unedited chapter, btw

In the following week, the girls, my sister and I went through an exhilarating rollercoaster, all ranging from my sister and me being introduced to the Harmonizers, to the girls letting us meet Simon. And might I say this, he wasn't as intimidating as he looked, that I learned. However, this week, we had a new problem. Apparently, the girls were going to have a special meet and greet and charity performance in San Jose, which would mean a five hour drive in their tour bus from the previous tour. We were not allowed to come with them because it would be a short time there, and we'd just get in the way. Besides, even if we were allowed to go, not all seven of us would be able to fit in the tour bus.

For the moment, I was currently enjoying my freedom from school for the weekend. Dealing with school here in California was way different from what I'd remembered with going to school back in Texas. And to think that I was actually doing well in my classes. The soft hum of my bedroom tv played in the background as I wrote and jotted down little poems in my journal. I always had a better time at writing if I had some type of noise, usually music, playing in the background. And this time, it just so happened to be the tv. It was, in a way, a good addition to the room, but I had never  always been a fan of watching television. Finally, I closed my journal to see if anything was worth watching on tv.

Bored after spending too much time scrolling endlessly through more than fifty channels, I decided to call Carly to come over and hang out with me.
_____

"Hey Izzy," Carly greeted me while sauntering into my bedroom, her using my new pet name that she came up with. We weren't a thing yet, but I did notice that Lauren took more caution when letting Carly come over. I'd have to speak of that when I got the chance.

"Hey," I replied, my once chill being suddenly filled with excitement just from her voice. Only she could do things like that to me. Hmp, maybe I was really head over heels for her...

As she sat down at the foot of my bed, her long brown hair pinned up neatly in a French braid, I thought of how to follow up after our 'talk'. Yes, we had texted afterwards, but our conversations seemed to wander around the whole "liking each other and kissing in the park" thing. And it was if she just wanted to forget about the whole ideal.

"I'm bored, and this whole awkward talking thing is not helping."

"I'm sorry. I'm just..." I breathed in slowly. "I finally told my mom, about us, and it went well, I guess." I gazed down at my fingers as if they were the most interesting things in the world.

"Obviously it didn't go well if you're acting like that. What really happened, Izzy?" Her tone forced me to stare into her eyes, them being filled with concern. I cracked. I told her of the whole conversation I had had with Lauren, and how I cried into Mom's shoulder. Though I left out the part about liking both her, Jada and Amber. Well, maybe Amber. I wasn't sure about her just yet.

"Aww, that's cute. I'm proud that you did that." Her arms then wrapped around me, and I melted in her embrace. We held each other for a minute, and she played with my hair. Soon, my bedroom door opened, and I heard the voice of my sister talking on her phone. She was completely unaware of the position Carly and I were in.

"Yeah, and Jacob said Carly and—" She stopped suddenly, aware that the said girl was right in front of her. I felt Carly tense up on me, and she slowly moved her hands to her side. My gaze went back and forth between my sister and her. She seemed to be glaring at her.