[Ch. 4] Mall Time

A/N: btw, this'll be a short chapter ... And it's sucky. This is how I imagine Sofía ^

"We can get you skirts, dresses, halter tops! Ooh, maybe we can get you some bows too!"

"I think that's more my style than Bella's," Sofía commented. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Well I'm sorry if I never wanted to wear your dresses and clothes all the time. It's too pretty and pink and makes me want to gag," I explained. We were all in the car, on our way to the mall. Camila and Dinah were currently explaining what they were going to buy for us.

"Do you not like bows and skirts?" Camila turned around in her seat to face me.

"She never has. All she's ever liked was shirts and jeans." My sister answered for me. "She has yet to put on a dress in two years."

"That's not true! I wore a dress for Mrs.Williams's birthday last year."

"Yeah, last year."

"At least I wasn't trying to wear a see through shirt to a boy's basketball game," I scoffed.

"How was I supposed to know that boys were going to be there?!"

"It's a boy's basketball game! How could you not?"

"Okay, that's enough with the fighting, girls," Lauren sternly commented from the driver's seat. I glared at my sister for a second before turning in my seat to face out the window. See, this is what I was talking about. My sister and I always seemed to get in an argument from time to time. And since I knew that half of the girls in the car would've understood what we were saying, I had to refrain myself from lashing out in Spanish.

"Okay, about those skirts...?" Camila continued again. We all groaned.
_______

After ten stores and fifteen shopping bags, we finally sat down at one of the clear, glass tables in the food court.

"Can I have tacos from over there?" I asked, pointing to a restaurant across the room.

"Yeah. That's one of the reasons why we came here, right?" Normani asked me.

"I guess?" I asked unsurely.
_______

Finally, after a long day at the mall, a few of the girls and I plopped down on the living room couch. Apparently, Dinah was too tired to even make it to the couch because soon enough, she had passed out on the floor near the front door. Her thin, scrunched up jacket served as a pillow for her head. After having to tend to eight girls' needs at a mall, it sure got a little tiring.

The following morning, Ally and Camila were having an argument on who was a better singer: Ed Sheeran or Justin Timberlake. Disagreement tended to be a big thing in the house, and if two weren't fighting over what to order for dinner, another two were arguing on who got to choose what movie to watch during movie night.

Annoyed by the constant fighting, I grabbed Sofía's arm, dragging her outside with me.

"Do you want to go to the park? I'm bored," I asked. She agreed, and we took the long way toward the park. Along the way, I thought about all that had happened in the past few days: Why would the girls want to adopt us? We were nothing special. What if we hadn't been rude to Lauren as we were? What would've happened then? Would the girls still have adopted us? After making it to the park and sitting on the park bench, I pulled out my phone, asking my sister if it was okay for us to take a selfie together.

"Sure. We have nothing else better to do." Well, that wasn't true. We could've done many things better. It was a park after all.

After taking the picture, we sat in silence while Sofía played games on her phone, and I just stared into the distance. It was a pretty peaceful park, nothing but a few families chilling out or a few old men taking their daily afternoon walk. After some time, I soon felt a hard ball—specifically a softball—hit me square in the side. And should I say this: softballs are not soft.

"Ow!" I hollered, rubbing my side in the process. What followed were multiple voices near me, repeating apologies back and forth.

"Hey, it's okay," I said, continuing to rub my side, "but that did hurt a lot."

"Kaylon sure has a good aim."

I gazed to my left to see a girl, about seventeen or so, standing silently. She had long, hazelnut hair, and she was wearing a blue and white PINK shirt with black Nike shorts. Along with her, two boys, around the age of ten and nineteen rushed by her side.

"You sure you're okay?" The older boy questioned me, and I nodded my head in approval. He was tanned but had the same hazelnut colored hair as his what assumed to be sister. Muscle was his forte, whereas the younger boy had a lanky build.

I smiled half heartedly, and replied, "Yeah. It's probably just gonna be a little sore for a while." Sofía chuckled a little.

"I'm Bryon, and this is Amanda and Kaylon," the older boy stated, pointing to his siblings.

"I'm Isabella, and this is my sister, Sofía." We all gave small hellos and talked for a while. It later turned out that the Johansen's lived in our neighborhood, and that they were recently moved in neighbors across the street from ours. This was a fairly new neighborhood, so it hadn't come as a surprise that their family had just recently moved in.

"And you have my number, right?" Amanda addressed my sister, to which she responded. Eventually, we had to go home, for Camila had called to inform us that dinner would be ready soon.
____

Normani questioned with a sly smile, "Is he cute?"

Sofía blushed and continued to scrape her fork against the glass plate timidly, the noise creating an annoyingly high-pitched sound.

"Sof, he's nineteen. You can't date him," I reminded her.

"Yeah, I know. But he is cute."

Finally have swallowed her bits of fried steak, Ally spoke up, "Okay, I agree with Bella. If he's nineteen, you can't date him whatsoever."

Ever since I had been adopted by the girls, discussions about cute boys and crushes always seemed to be a mandatory topic of talk. It was necessary that one of us told of any crushes we had or if we liked someone. However, I had never been too fond of sharing my personal feelings with Sofía when we were back at the orphanage.

Finally, after droning through a half an hour talk about boys, clothes and food (even though we were already eating), I hopped up from my seat and quickly dressed myself into pajamas after taking a shower. I was exhausted because of the long day that had occurred, and I couldn't wait to get in bed. After saying our good nights, we all went into our separate rooms, my sister trailing behind me into ours.

I was out like a light in less than thirty minutes.
______

A/N: *groaning and making inhuman*

Just...just...ugh..
Don't forget to comment. And please do click that vote button

Oh my God. I sound like one of those Youtubers.