[Ch. 7] Confessions And...Makeouts?

A/N: This is how I picture the protagonist, Isabella, looking like (with maybe a slightly more tanned complexion) ^

Updated A/N: Also, take this picture into reference. Now that Isabella is older in the fanfic, I picture her as a little bit older. But hey, you can picture her however you want. It's your imagination.

The following morning, I arose from my bed in a rush before my alarm went off. I was thrilled to see Carly today, and I did not know why. Something about the text that she had sent the previous night made me feel...different, I guess. I was happier, giddy even.

I scampered around, hurriedly getting ready for school. As I was in the midst of putting on my socks, Sofía came into my room, asking if she could borrow my hairbrush. I rudely declined, and she flipped me off. Way to ruin my mood for the day, I thought as she rummaged through my drawers, trying to get the brush anyways.

"Geez. If I knew you were going to be like that, I would have asked for Camila's instead." I rolled my eyes and continued to get ready. Once I was in the kitchen, I smelled the air. It was a weird habit that I would do if I smelled food. Ally was making pancakes.

"What time is it?" I sweetly asked Ally.

"It's..." she replied, looking at the microwave clock,"it's 6:53am. Why're you asking?"

"Dammit," I breathed as I finished up my breakfast, rushing to put on my jacket.

"Hey! Watch that profanity Missy," Ally scolded. I muttered a "sorry" and was out the door.

By time I made it outside, I slowed down a bit. I took the moment to treasure the sunrise and how bright it was. I had forgotten how pretty the sun used to be in the mornings. When I was back at the orphanage, I would usually sleep in until nine am or so, missing the pretty sunrises in the process. Turning back to the sidewalk, I made my way toward the park.

About ten minutes later, I sat down on the park bench. Carly wasn't there yet.

"Hey. You came." I heard a voice from behind me. Slightly startled, I turned to see Carly standing there in a aqua blue floral dress. She looked really pretty today, and I couldn't stop staring at where her dress stopped short, about mid thigh.

"Yeah, well, I texted you saying I would," I replied. She nodded her head in agreement and sat down next to me on the bench. We sat there in a comfortable silence for a bit before she started to nervously fidget in her place.

"So..." she drawled out. Her motions proved to me that she was quite nervous. I took notice of this.

"So..." I continued after her.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," she began, "and I was hoping that after this talk that we'd still be friends, hopefully..." Her eyes gazed down at her lap, and I tilted her chin back up to face me.

"No matter what, we'll still be friends." I felt a knot in my stomach turn. I had heard and seen of these type of scenes in books and movies, but I was silently praying that this wasn't what I thought it was. It would have been too much, and I do not think I would have been able to accept the reality myself.

"Okay, so I'm just gonna come right out and say it..." She hesitated before speaking, "I really, really like you a lot Isabella. Like I like like you. Wait, that sounded cheesy. Let me rephrase that." She rambled on, "You're pretty, and I always have these butterflies in my stomach when I'm around you. You make me feel different, and I...I...And I really want to kiss you right now." Finally, she looked away, her cheeks turning a shade of red in embarrassment.