andy

The next evening, most everything was back to normal. Dennis was back home from Warped Tour, and everyone was there to fill their spots at the dinner table.

Most everything except for the fact that Scout was in a bad mood, and that hardly ever happened.

Andy knew he had to be extra cautious when she was angry, with what he said and what he did so he wouldn't get yelled at or hurt he feelings any more than they already were. He hoped she wasn't mad at him for anything, and for a second he got scared. What if he did do something wrong?

Oh, damn....

It had to be his fault. Even though it rarely happened, what else could make her mad?

Dinner was mostly quiet for the occasional spurts of conversation from Bex. Even then no one said much or responded.

They all knew Scout wasn't in that great of a mood, and that it was best to keep quiet.

Except for Wolf, of course. Wolf was happy and smiling, not a care in the world while while everyone else just sat there silently, trying to quickly finish dinner before Scout blew up about something. She wasn't in a bad mood much, but when she was, it was pretty unfortunate to stick around her.

Once Bex and Dennis finished their dinners, they got up and left the table, Dennis retreating to the kitchen to wash the dishes and Bex taking Wolf upstairs to get him ready for bed a little early. Andy and Scout were left alone at the table, and that's when Andy realized there was no other choice but to try and say something, or start a conversation to fix the issue.

"Scout?" Andy started timidly, afraid she might not want to talk.

But all she did was look at him in response, like normal. She didn't seem mad. In fact, her eyes were teary and her expression was hurting. She actually seemed.... sad.

"Are.... are you alright? Do you want to talk?"

Scout forced the tiniest smile, nodding and scooting her chair over so that she could lay her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for being in such a bad mood, Andy. I'm just.... frustrated."

Andy looked down at her, eyebrows furrowed, a worried look in his eyes. "About what? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Scout shrugged. "But I can tell you now." She sighed, as if preparing herself for what she was about to say next. "So, there's this other actress I've been working with for this movie, right? She's super nice, and easy to get along with, but I can't help but be.... jealous or something. She has everything. Her life is perfect." Her voice broke on the last word, and she put her face in her hands. Andy hugged her close.

"I'm sorry, Andy, for feeling that way about it. I would never trade my life for hers, but it's just so annoying sometimes when people act like they're so much better than the rest of us. I know we're all going through a tough time right now, and that it won't last forever. It'll get better. It just seems like everything in her life works out for her," she finished with a sniff, wiping the tears away from her cheeks. "You know?"

"I know. But like you said, Scout -- that's how is seems. How it looks. Not how or what her life really is like." Scout nodded, agreeing, as Andy kissed her temple. "Everybody is facing something in their life that no outsiders know about.

You just can't ever give in."