dennis

Ever since little Wolf arrived, Bex and Dennis never stopped, constantly busy.

Sometimes when Scout and Andy were out working on their own projects during the day, other friends and family would come over to help. That day just so happened to be a day where Andy was at the studio recording tracks for a new album and Scout was working on the set of one of her new movies.

It was a busy day for everyone that day.

Bex older sister Kitty was home from college for the summer, and she was at the house while Dennis and Bex sat there doing their schoolwork at the table. They were studying for their finals for the year, and after they took the tests they would be off for three months like all the other grade schoolers. But Bex, since she had missed so much school while pregnant with Wolf, would have to some work over the long break.

She was just glad she didn't have to go to summer school.

Over the summer, Dennis had something big to look forward to -- Avenging Angels was going on Warped Tour, and they were all more excited than ever. It was like Christmas in June and July, and their fans could agree.

*

By the time Wolf was going down for a nap, Dennis was nearly done his school work, but the only dilemma was that the baby would not stop crying, and refused to go down for a nap.

Dennis sighed as he heard Bex and Kitty upstairs trying everything they could to calm him down and get him to sleep. He glanced down at his work. This is the last paper and it's only gotten halfway done in the past half an hour....

Finally, Dennis couldn't take it anymore listening to the two of them bicker back and forth about how to calm Wolf down, and he walked upstairs, taking his screaming son from Bex's arms and shooing the sisters downstairs so he could deal with the issue. He doubted he would make it any better himself, but he knew for sure they weren't doing it right.

He looked down at Wolf, who was still crying but had definitely calmed down a bit since Dennis had decided to take over. "Hey, little Wolfie. It's okay, Daddy's here," he whispered softly, meeting eyes with his son, who quieted at the sound of his father's soothing voice. Dennis grabbed Wolf's pacifier from the bookshelf behind him, and started to sing to him, one of Dennis's favorites of Andy's old songs, which had the soft tone of a lullaby.

"Well, I open my lungs, dear. I sing this song at funerals, no rush.... these lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush. A baby boy you've held so tightly, his pain it visits almost nightly, missing hotel beds, I feel your touch." Dennis smiled a small smile as he saw Wolf smile too, as he fell asleep to his gentle singing. He kissed his forehead, lying him in his crib. As he leaned over the rail of the crib admiring his precious son, he sang his favorite line from the song.

"I love you more than I can ever scream...."

©The Mortician's Daughter by Black Veil Brides (lyrics) written by Andrew Biersack ❤