Chapter 5: "Mother's drapes" shows up

5- "Mother's drapes" shows up.

"I don't like this feeling, he's up to something." Nat muttered, glancing at the two Asgardians. Steve nodded approvingly.

Tyara was seated next to Loki. They weren't talking to each other, but the man was staring at her.

  "They seem really fond of each other." Steve commented.

  "Tyara, Tyara...You're so naive. Do you think that even if you help them stop me, they're going to just let you go ?"

"Yes, I believe in them."

"You're a threat to humanity, like everyone of our kin." Loki insisted. "Well, I haven't withdrawn my offer yet. You can still join me."

"You're very dear to me, but I would never fuel your wicked ideas. If there's someone who can stop you, it has to be me."

Loki chuckled. "I will pretend I never heard this."

The rest of the flight was peaceful, Loki studying Tyara's every move.

Suddenly, the God of Mischief shivered involuntarily."Scared of a little lightning ? Steve teased.

"I'm not overally fond of what follows."

Suddenly, the whole aircraft shook. Tyara unfastened her seat belt and jumped onto her feet.

"Oh no..." she cursed outloud.

  Thor landed on the open launch pad. He saw Tyara and Loki and grabbed both of them, then disappeared into the night, leaving the other Avengers bewildered.

Tyara yelped as her father set her on the ground. Loki brushed the dust off his clothes.

  "Listen, brother-..."

  He was cut off by Stark slamming into him with his heavy suit.

"Well, I'm listening." Loki shrugged, a grin spreading on his face.

  Tyara couldn't hold in a laugh. For the first time in what seemed like forever, she felt happy. She was confident Loki could be stopped.

  "Aren't you going to help the Man of Iron ?"

"Nah, he can manage by himself alright. I'm staying here to guard you."

Loki smirked and touched his forehead to her. His creamy skin was velvetly at touch.
"But who will guard you from me ?" He whispered.

His emerald eyes shone in the moonlight. Tyara was caught in his stare. She couldn't look away. Loki, eyes gleaming,  pressed his lips between her eyebrows in a chaste kiss. The Princess's eyes closed with as a sigh escaped her full lips. She didn't understand what Loki was implying with his previous statement.

  "Tyara, please come with me. I do not wish to hurt you in a potential fight. But if you oppose me, I'm afraid there's no other way..." Loki whispered against her skin.

  "Tyara !" The two Asgardians snapped from their position, only to see Thor.

  A pretty beaten-up Stark grabbed Loki and led him to where Natasha's aircraft was waiting for them.

  Thor and Tyara remained behind. Her father's eyes held a tint of worry. "Tyara, I thought you know him better than anyone. He's the master of lies and deceit. Do not fall for his words." Thor warned.

  "But..." Tyara wanted to protest, however her father's look held no room for argument.

*

When they arrived back at the Hellicarrier, Loki was escorted by a bunch of agents to an impenetrable cell.
   His eyes met Tyara's for a moment, before he was pushed past a corner and out of her view.

  "This guy's brain is a bag full of cats." Dr. Banner commented, fidgeting with his "lab toys", as Stark had called them.

  "You should not underestimate him." Tyara muttered. "He is the most intelligent person I know."

"Not as intelligent as me, Blondie."

"I doubt that, but I guess arrongance is an impediment for honesty with oneself." Tyara shot back at the billionaire.

"Also, Mr. Stark, would you please not call me that outrageous nickname ?" The Princess questioned.

  "Cut the "Mr. Stark" crap, I'm just Tony." He crossed his hands behind his head and walked away. "Also, don't tell the blonde guy who wears drapes about this." He paused a little. "Well, I hope this is settled, Tyara."

  Tyara smilled. Tony was a jerk sometimes but he seemed a really nice guy deep down. Once again, she felt she had ended up in the right place.

  They are my allies now and together we'll stop Loki.