E I G H T

Two weeks later, Shawn was standing in front of his window in his room. It was the day of Aaliyah's funeral. Shawn was wearing all black, like his mind. He couldn't imagine his life being worst. He was so sad. Even though he was getting better he was still very and was missing his little sister.

Karen suddenly enter in the room.
Karen: Shawn we have to go! Are you coming?
Shawn: mom I think I'll join you there, I want to go alone.
Karen: Are you sure?
Shawn: Yeah I'll be fine mom.
Karen: ok see you there.

Karen gave a kiss on his son forehead and went joining her husband that was waiting in their car. They left to go to the church.

Couple of minutes after, Shawn felt ready and drive himself to the church. When he arrive many people that he didn't knew was there and many that he knew. People were happy to see him because he wasn't home often. Shawn shook hands of some people and sat in the church. Then, the priest said:

"And now, Aaliyah's brother, Shawn is goibg to talk."

Shawn got up and started walking to go in front of everybody. Some people were almost fangirling and others seemed really happy to see him back.

"When I got a call from the hospital that said that my sister was in dangerous condition and they didn't know if she was gonna be okay, I coudn't believe what was happening and I drove so many hours to come back. When i got to the hospital and they told me *he cried and wiped some tears* sorry.. they told me that my sister..died I thought "I could I be this stupid" "what do you mean Shawn?" Youll say.. when I started travelling a lot, Aaliyah was really young, that means I wasn't there at her first date, her first party, when she started high school, and so much more. I feel really bad and I cant fix it. I miss my sister so much and I know she will follow me everywhere I go now. Aaliyah, Im sorry I havent been the best brother I couldve been but I tried my hardest and now that youre gone, I can't even spend the lost time with you that you deserve but.. I love you."

Everybody was speechless. Nobody knew what to do. One thing sure, everybody was now crying.