S E V E N

Karen was making calls downstairs and taking notes. She was planing the funeral even though it was hard for her, she wanted her daughter to rest in peace. She also wanted everyone to move on from this sad period of their lives and remember her in her good days.

Shawn woke up and went downstairs to eat something for breakfast. When he went downstairs, his mom was surprised to see him.

-  What are you doing?
- Making myself a breakfast.. Why?
- Just wondering because you haven't eaten in two days.
- Yeah I guess that's a good sign..
- Must be, now excuse me I have some calls to make.

She took her notepad and her phone and went in her room. She didn't want Shawn to hear those calls. It would only make him feel worse than he already is .. If that's possible.

Shawn made himself a bowl of cereal and sat in the kitchen.

Couple of hours later, Karen did all the calls and planned the funeral. She did it. Karen went upstairs in Shawn's room and sat on her son's bed beside him.

- Mom, where's dad?
- I don't know, I think he went to the grocery store or something.
- Ok.
- Shawn?
- What?
- The funeral.. It's Monday in two weeks.
- Ok
- Are you alright?
- yeah mom don't worry,  I'm fine. I just don't know if I'll ever be over this, you know?

Karen took her son in her arms.

-I missed you Shawn
-I missed you too mom.