O N E

Shawn was sitting in front of the television in his apartment. He performed a show that night and was very tired. He was planning on going to bed when he heard his phone ringing.
He answer;

-Hi

-Hi is this Mr.Shawn Mendes?

-Yes I am, who's this?

-My name is Doctor Eddie. I have the regret to announce you that your sister Aaliyah and your mother Karen got in a car crash two hours ago. Your mother is currently in surgery and I can confirme that she'll be fine but your sister .. We're afraid of what could happen to her

-At what hospital are they?

-Toronto.

-I'm coming.

He hung up and took his keys and some clothes to put it on a suitcase. Tears were running down his cheeks while he was packing. After rushing to pack, the young singer went to his car and started driving  to the airport and took the first flight to Toronto.

Shawn tried to reach his family during his flight but was never able to talk to any family members. He tried to calm himself down during the plane trip but he was to anxious to think of anything else than his family. The young man tried his best to get some sleep but nothing could help him fall asleep.

He arrived at Toronto a couple of hours later and called a cab to go put his luggage at his home. He then sat in his brand new jeep and drove to the hospital, trying to focus on the road. He parked his car in the parking lot and ran in the hospital. A woman was standing at the front desk.

-What room are Aaliyah and Karen Mendes in??
-Wait. (...) I have Karen here at room sixty-five but I don't have any files at Aaliyah's name. Tell me your name, I'll look for it and call you when I find it.
-Shawn Mendes.
-Ok. 
Shawn started running in the hospital and finally got to his mom room. He took his breath and opened the door. Karen was sitting in her bed and seemed to be really anxious, which was understandable.

-Mom.. 
Karen and his son started to cry. The nineteen year old gave a hug to his mother that was laying on her hospital bed. 

-Where's.. Where's Aaliyah?
-Shawn, Aaliyah .. Aaliyah died yesterday.
-No! This can't be true !

Shawn cried louder and sat on a chair. He put his elbow on his knees and his head in his hands. karen was trying to be strong for her family but she was hiding a lot of things from her family and she was afraid she wouldn't be able to handle it.

-And dad, where is he?
-He went buying food for me, it's disgusting here.
-Mom?
-Yeah Shawn
-I didn't even have the chance to tell her goodbye. He wiped away his tears.
-None of us had this chance honey. 
- I don't even remember what I said to her the last time.