T W O

A day later, Manuel was on the phone with Karen. The usually strong woman was crying on the phone and her husband was afraid to tell her what was going on at home. Shawn was really depressed and he was worried it may get worse. Nothing prepares parents for such a tragic event and he didn't know what to do. After some time of thinking, he finally spoke out.

- Shawn hasn't eaten since yesterday, I'm really worried.

Manuel could hear Karen sobbing on the phone and made him feel bad even if all of this wasn't his fault.

- I know but you have to leave him alone for some time. He haven't seen her for six months and then- 

- You should rest too Karen you have to get better.

- I can't believe it actually happened.

- Karen, stop, it wasn't your fault.

- Manuel, I don't think I can handle this.

 -What do mean?

- Nothing.. I guess I'm just tired.

- Are you sure? You sound.. weird.

- No.. uh.. I'm just confused, you know, it's not suppose to be that way.

- Yeah, I know.

Manuel was worried for his son but also for his wife. He knew it was hard and that she felt bad but she seemed to act weird ever since the accident happened. The strong man was the only one who could fix this family by staying strong and would do anything for his family to get better. The husband told his wife to take some time to rest a last time and hung up.

Meanwhile, Shawn was chatting with his manager about what would happen with his rising career.

S:  How will I tell my fans I'm taking a break from touring for an undetermined amount of time ? That's just not fair to them and I honestly don't know what to do.

M: Shawn you can't get back on tour. You need to get  some rest, you have to cry for your lost and one day you'll be back to normal. You can't go back like this.

S: I'll stay home for now and I'll give you some news when I get better.. For now I'm just crying and crying. I'm such a mess, I don't want anybody to see me like that.

M: okay take your time Shawn .. Remember I'm are always there for you😞

The young man turned off his phone and lay on his bed. Looking at the ceiling was somehow comforting because it forced him to think. All of this was really hard but he had to take his time and find a way to move on. But yet, he didn't know this was the beginning of a controversial adventure.

Karen was in her hospital room and a lot was going on in her mind. She knew things, a lot of things, but it still wasn't enough. She tried to sleep but keep thinking of her daughter, but also of her son that had a career and she wondered how it'll affect it . What about her husband that was trying to make everyone feel better while he was probably broken inside. Could the nightmare end ? Would she be able to hide her secret? Would she find the answer to her questions?