13

jaebum's pov:

youngjae and i laid in bed, he was staying in my house for the night and i wouldn't let him sleep on the floor or couch. he laid on his respective side while i laid on mine. there was heavy rain outside, it hasn't thundered yet but it was going to soon.

i turned over and faced youngjae's back. he looked like a marshmellow wrapped in all of that blanket, it was so cute. i laid there looking at him trying my hardest not to laugh.

we had a light on in the room since youngjae said he was scared of the dark. i told him that he was cute and with that he replied with a shut up.

soon after about 5 minutes there was a loud sound of thunder that shut down the power in our house. i didn't mind that the light was out until i felt the bed shake a little and heard a muffled whimper.

"youngjae?"

"w-what?"

"i have to go to the bathroom okay, i'll be right back,"

he didn't respond after i said that and soon i went to the bathroom. i didn't really need to go though, i just wanted to play with him.

right before my hand touched the knob on the bathroom door i heard a crash and feet shuffling. soon i felt a warm presence come near me followed by little chubby fingers grabbing onto the back my shirt.

"youngjae what are you doing?'

i turned around to see a boy younger than me silently sobbing with his bangs covering his eyes. i reached my hand out and brushed his bangs out of his eyes.

"p-please d-don't leave, i'm s-scared,"

i wrapped my hands around his waist and gently picked him up. he wrapped his legs around my waist while i carried him and the blanket over to the bed. i laid him carefully on top of me when i got in the bed and once he got comfortable on top of me i wrapped my arms around him.

there was another loud sound of thunder that caused youngjae to bury he head more into my waist. i pulled him closer to me and wrapped my arms tighter around him. i leaned my head down to his ear and whispered in it.

"don't worry youngjae i wan't leave you,"

he brought his head up to me and looked at me kinda surprised.

"y-you mean it?"

"yes, i mean it youngjae,"

soon youngjae and i fell asleep with him on top of me in my embrace.