7

youngjae's pov:

"mom, i'm going to go out for a bit okay,"

"okay honey, don't be out for too long okay,"

"i won't,"

i slipped on a jacket and shoes, then i went outside to get some fresh air. i walked while looking at the stars and felt tears falling don my cheeks. it had been a while since i had looked at the stars, i was too scared too after the night my dad died.

that's what jaebum and i had in common. we both had a dead father. they worked to gether actually, then a bomb went off in their building and both of them died. my father and i would look at the stars when i was younger. i remember the last time i saw him before he died was when i was 13, that's the age jaebum was to.

i kept looking up at the sky, still feeling my tears running down my cheeks. i still miss him a lot. he told me that if i ever needed guidence i should ask the stars, because he said the stars will forever be on my side.

"hey dad, are you doing okay up there?"

i waited for a bit, hoping that he might answer me.

"i know you won't answer, but it was worth a shot,"

"i know that you told me to talk to the stars when i needed guidence, but you told me that when you die you become a star, so i decided to talk to you,"

"mom is holding up, isn't that a good thing?"

"she cries everynow and then, but it's not as frequent as before, so that's good,"

"we all miss you, and i hope you're doing good up there,"

"say hi to mr.im for me,"

the tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes, they were clouding my vision at this point. i really did miss him.

i followed my feet and they led me to the park, i didn't know why i decided to come here.

"youngjae i'm sorry you know that,"

i was looking around trying to find the source of the voice. it was really spooking me. i will admit it, i did squeak a little.

"i didn't mean to hurt your feelings,"

i finally found the source coming from a man on a bench covered in empty beer cans. you guessed it, it was jaebum.

"jaebum, what are you doing here you weirdo?"

his head shot up at me and a goofy grin appeared on his face. the street light was right above us, so i could see his cheeks were majorly red. i have know him since we were kids and i know that his bright red cheeks meant one of two thing. either he was embarrassed, or he was drunk. seeing that there was beer cans everywhere i decided to go with option number two.

i started to pick up all his empty beer can and throw them in the trash. there where so many. it surprised me how much alcohol he could hold in his system.

"comeone jaebum, lets take you to my house. you can sleep there okay?"

"yes m'am, i mean sir, hahahah"

as i put his arm around my shoulder i walked him to my house, having to deal with all and i mean ALL of his confessions.

"youngjae, i'm sorry i took a bite of you rice when you weren't looking last week, i was just so hungry and my mom said i couldn't get anymore food, so i took some of yours,"

"it's okay jaebum i forgive you,"

"wow you sure are the real mvp,"

we finally reached my home and i placed him on my bed. i told my mom that jaebum was staying here and she said that she would tell mrs.im that he was here. i went back downstairs and walked over to jaebum. he was asleep now, but then i heard hm start talking again.

"youngjae, i didn't mean to hurt you feeling two months ago,"

he had a sound of regret in his voice. was this about what i think it is?

"it was just that i was jealous, i was jealous that you loved that guy and not me,"

jaebum liked me? he was jealous? it still made me angry that he did what he did. i don't know if i could forgive him still. even though he said he was sorry.

"he said that he had played with your feeling and was going to keep doing it and when i heard that i beat him up. i just didn't want you to get hurt by him,"

i was shocked hearing this from him. the guy i liked was planning to hurt me? so jaebum was just trying to protect me? but that still doesn't change the fact that jaebum kept being mean to me after that. i stood up to grab a glass of water, but my wrist suddenly had a strong grip on it.

i let out a tiny squeak when i was pulled onto the bed by jaebum. i felt one of his muscular arms wrap around my small figure and pull me close. his body was warm, it was actually a little comfy to, i felt safe.

my breathing was starting to slow down and sleepiness started to come over me. i soon fell asleep in jaebum's tight, warm, and secure embrace.