Ch15 - Drugs

Ch15 - Drugs
A/n
Hai you guys! Today is my birthdaaaayyy <3 <3 the 16th (in other time zones it might be different, but here the clock has just gone past twelve midnight so..) here's another chapter for you lovelies :))

"Let's see you're and only child um...your dad was a police officer. I know that due to the fact that you have his badge in you bag-"

"But how-" At that I grinned

"You have had trouble with your dad as he wanted a son but your mother who sadly passed away had given birth to a girl. So you wanted to show him that you could be something more than just a girl."

She nodded approvingly looking down at her feet quite sad "But cheer up! You're doing quite the wonderful job!" I rubbed her back comforting her as she smiled into the camera.

"And here you have it Gotham! Dr. Harleen Quinzel, that's all for now I'm Valory Vale and this is Gotham News here goodbye!"

The camera has been lowered but the photos kept on being taken. "Thank you so much for your time Harleen!" She beamed with happiness and took my hands in hers, "Now tell me how'd you find out?"

"Well..." I thought to myself and then proudly came to a conclusion, "I'm a doctor."

She then had wondered off with her crew and I had proceeded to return to my apartment when I was called on by Batman.

"Quite the show you put on there Dr. Quinzel." His voice sounding deep and dark.

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes and stormed past him but he grabbed my shoulder making me shudder.

"They want you to recognize the body." He told me

I gulped down the lump in my throat and nodded following him to the ambulance car. With all that was going on I had forgotten about Sean...

They had an expert unzip the black bag that the body was supposed to lying in, I nearly didn't know what to expect. His face was practically disfigured and I couldn't say that it was Sean but I knew it was, my heart told me with an aching pain. I tired not to slip any tears.

"So?" Batman asked me as if it was something so usual for him to ask.

I shook my head "I don't know this man." They zipped the bag back up his lifeless body it.

Good bye Sean, I'll mourn you...

Right there and then I had left a piece of my heart leave with him. I knew there was nothing I could of done to save him but there was this heavy weight on my heart, he fell because I was pushed over the edge by Mistah J. It was his fault yet none the less mine too somehow.

Now all I wanted was to get away, and far very far. So nobody could find me. All I wanted was come to peace with the voice that was always at the back of my head no matter where I went. I wouldn't usually hear it but when I was around him that was different, oh so different. At least he knew about it and didn't run. He took me in for who I truly was. Although I practically didn't know who I was these past few months it felt like he knew somehow, and what willing to help me and that was the kind of help I was willing to take from him. There was nobody to understand better than him. Because he was the clown prince of crime himself.

**

My head rested in my hands as I sat in my office trying to figure everything out.

I needed coffee or more like I needed him. All I had left was him.

He was in solitary confinement and there was nothing I could do to change that, unless..

Without him I couldn't see clearly, it was as if he was leading me, showing me his world, his abyss and I knew if I reached a little deeper I could help him. I could reach him and show him the way out. All he was, was a man who needed help. A man with broken bones that I could fix and help. A fallen angel that was reaching out for me from the abyss.