Chapter 14

Will and Monty were the monsters. You just couldn't see their beast.

"Stop!" I screamed. All the fighting ceased. All ages were now staring at me as I stood my ground. Jason stared at me, his wolf was in control.

He had transformed into the beast.

"Why are you doing this?" I stared at Will for answers.

"For the good of the people! Tonight, the beast dies!" Will shouted, and all the people cheered him on.

They didn't know that Will was the beast.

"He hasn't hurt anyone! He's only fighting because you came onto his territory!" I defended.

"Ariel, you don't have to defend him, we can save you." Monty said slowy.

"I love Jason! Will I don't love you, and I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I'm in love with Jason." I admitted, a bit agitated.

"I thought you might say that, but I'm glad you're put here now since I have an announcement to make. Everyone! This innocent princess has a little secret." Monty pointed a finger at me, accusing me.

"She's carrying his child! We all know what has to be done!" He was answered with hoots and hollers. What were they going to do?

Jason let out a deadly growl and got in front of me in a protective stance.

"Leave! All of you, go!" I screamed. None of them even flinched. They were going to kill us.

"Jason, I love you." I whispered into his ear. He looked at me and I saw the vulnerability in his eyes. He was scared.

"Monty, stop!" I ordered. He progressed towards us with a dagger. My breathing hitched.

"Ariel, you've committed a sin. You've given away something so pure, to a creature only the devil could create." Monty snarled.

I saw only one way out of this. One way to save Jason.

"Will, you have to stop!" I looked at him. He also had a dagger.

"Why would I?" He mused.

"This is wrong! How is inflicting pain onto others helping you? How?" I demanded an answer.

"Revenge." Was all he said.

"You're mother, she's here." I blurted. It was the only thing that came to mind. His step faltered. Good.

"Why does that matter to me?" He asked. I gulped. I didn't know what else to say.

"She's your mother. Are you saying that you don't miss her?" I asked, hoping it was doing something, anything.

"Will, don't listen to them and attack!" Monty commanded.

"You don't have to listen to him!" I told Will. He grew silent.

"Monty is a monster, but I know you can stop Will. I know you can become a different man than your father. You don't want to be like him." I said.

"Stop." Will said.

"He's a monster, but you can't see his beast." I continued.

"Ariel, stop." Will said a little louder.

"Do you really want to become that?" I asked.

"I said stop!" Will yelled at me. Jason growled and snapped at him, not liking his reaction towards me.

"Will, I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm trying to help you." I consoled. Monty's men were closing in on us. I didn't stand a chance.

"Will, I know that you're better than this. You'll find someone who can love you, but that girl isn't me. She never was." I said. An idea came to mind.