Chapter 10

The next morning was pure bliss. I woke up to Jason gently kissing my neck. 

"Wake up, my love." He said in a sweet, gentle voice. I opened my eyes, and pulled his lips to mine. He smiled at me as he placed one more kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Pretty good." I blushed. Jason smiled again at me.

"I'm going to pamper you all day long." He said. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're bound to be sore from last night." Jason explained. It made sense.

I didn't believe him until I moved. There was a soreness in between my legs, but it didn't really hurt. It was more of a pleasurable soreness. Jason noticed my gasp of shock and grinned.

"Why are you grinning?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"I'm grinning because the woman I love, my soon to be wife, is going to feel me inside of her all day long." He grinned. For some reason, I remembered the ball.

"Jason, the ball is tonight." I informed him.

"I know, did you want to attend?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Well, of course, we have to let someone know of our engagement." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Alright, we can go, but I get to pick out your dress." He bargained.

"That sounds perfect." I beamed. 

And so it was.

Jason kept true to his word and pampered me all day. He bathed me, brushed my hair, and he even dressed me. No matter how much I told him that I could do it on my own, he always defended that it was his duty as my soon to be husband to take care of me in every way possible.

By the time it was time to leave, I wore a flowing, red ballgown that flowed outwards from my waist and had puffy short sleeves. My hair was curled and my lips were also a bright red. Jason didn't stop staring at me until I called his name at least a dozen times. 

Margaret had insisted on going, and we had no problem with the matter. She wore a simple, elegant black dress. She still looked stunning. 

Once we had finally arrived, we were greeted by guards and many other men who were excited to see Jason.

"Why is everyone staring?" I asked. Literally everyone in the room had turned their heads to catch a glimpse at us.

"It's because I brought the most beautiful girl ever." He said sweetly. I beamed at him.

"Or maybe it's because I have the most handsome, sweet man in the entire world?" I suggested. 

"No, I have the most beautiful girl." He decided. There were tons of people in the ballroom. Many different dresses and suits adorned many different bodies which I had yet to meet. 

"Prince Jason! It's such a pleasure to meet you!" Sir Monty called out. 

"It's also a pleasure to meet you, Sir Monty." Jason greeted. 

"I have to say, this princess looks quite lovely tonight." He looked me up and down, and I had to fight the urge to throw up all over his brown suit. 

"Yes, I tell her that everyday." Jason said in a tight, possessive manner. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted someone that I didn't want to see.

Will. 

Why was he here? 

I was brought out of my train of thought when Jason started speaking again.