Chapter 8

The sun shone brightly through the curtains as my eyes fluttered open. I frowned once I noticed that Jason wasn't there.

He must be downstairs, I shrugged.

I bathed and wore a cream colored gown. I hoped Jason would like it.

"Margaret!" I called once I was in the dining area.

"There you are! I was beginning to think you would never wake up." She teased as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

"Where's Jason? He wasn't in the bed this morning." I asked. She seemed to think about it for awhile before speaking.

"He had business to attend to in the next town over. That's not a problem, is it?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, no problem at all. I was just wondering." I smiled, yet I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being kept in the dark.

I ate my breakfast, and walked towards the garden. It was much larger than my old home.

I just stood there, admiring the roses and bushes. Everything was fine until he appeared.

"Ariel!" A voice said. I turned to see Will. Why was he here?

"Will? Get out of here!" I yelled. He seemed appalled by the idea as he advanced towards me.

"We have to leave now, before he comes back." Will grabbed my arm. He started pulling me with him. With all my might, I freed my hand from his grasp.

"You have to leave Will. You're not welcome here." I informed him.

"This is nonsense! Jason can't provide for you like I can!" His voice was raising.

"That's my point! You're not Jason, and that's why I love him. He's all I want, all I think about. I love him." I emphasized.

Will's eyes were full of betrayal. Maybe I hurt him, but he was the one who started this.

"Now go." I said, my voice thick with tears. I didn't love him, but he was still a childhood friend. I would miss him.

"If that's how you feel, then I'll go." He said regretfully. Nonetheless, he walked away. I felt the tears running down my cheeks. I had just lost a childhood friend.

He had always been there, and I just threw our relationship away.

"Ariel?" Another voice called. I turned my head to see Jason. He didn't look happy, not at all.

"Jason." I breathed. I rushed over and hugged him. Jason pushed me to the ground.

I was in shock. Jason just rejected me, but why?

"I don't want your filthy hands touching me." He gritted out.
"What are you talking about?" I asked him. I then acknowledged the roses in his hand. Beautiful, red roses. He threw them on the ground and stomped on them.

"You know what." Was all he said before stomping back to the castle. I followed after him. He was much quicker than I, and made it to our room.

Jason stood in the middle of the room and breathed intently.

"Jason?" I tested. He turned to me, and I almost grimaced from the painful glare sent my way.

"How could you?" He seethed.

"I don't know what it is you think I've done." I murmured.

"Don't lie to me, Ariel!" He boomed.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"You've been sleeping around with that boy!" He accused.

"Jason I would never!" I guffawed.

"Then why was he here?" He interrogated.