18.

18.  

"Well what is it?" He asked taking my hands and giving me all his attention. I looked down at our hands and untangled them. He's not going to want to be with me after this.

"I-- I was once homeless". I said closing my eyes. "That's why I am an only child, I didn't know anyone, my parents abandoned me when I was very young, they left me on the doorstep of a church and that's were I lived until I didn't want to live there anymore". I opened my eyes and i saw how intensely he was listening. I grabbed his hands once again, telling him I could trust him or so he didn't run away.

"James, he, he took me in".

"Is that when he started being abusive?"  I shook my head no.

"He wasn't always like this, he was very sweet, welcoming, but then he got a new job and he started bringing random men into the house."

"Did they ever-?" He said tightening his grip on my hands. I rubbed my thumbs across his hand.

"No, he never let anyone touch me. I was like the Virgin Mary with him". His grip loosened, his face cracking a little smile.

"He would lock rooms randomly, I'd ask and he'd smack me telling me not to ask again, he'd always have this white substance on his face, I'd ask what that was and he'd smack me again." I wasn't looking at his face but when I did and there were tears streaming down his face. I got on his side of the booth and sat in his lap and just held him. We both needed to be held.

My arms were around his neck and one of his hands was around my waist and the other on my thigh. I continued.

"The guys that he brought over would always criticize me about what I wore or how my face looked and how I should be cooking and cleaning and doing everything for James, I didn't understand." 

"He would pull my hair and choke me if the dishes weren't done, kick me if the beds weren't made and I stayed in the bed for too long".

"He gave me a list to do every morning and if it wasn't done by the time he got home I would get beat." I could hold in my tears anymore, I cried silently so Jack wouldn't make me stop my story, i wanted to tell him all of it.

"One day at the end of the list it said find a job, i was so happy, I could get out of the house and do something but as time grew on and I started working for you he'd get very possessive and ask if I worked for a man and if there were any male employees". My voice started to crack between sentences. I didn't want him to know I was crying.

Jacks phone started vibrating. I knew my time was up. He answered it and I could hear the lawyer talking on the other side. When the conversation was over, Jack looked it me, I could tell he wanted to hear the rest of it, but he would.

"We have 10 minutes to get back to the court". He said leaving money for the food. He asked for a to go box and we made our way back to the court house.

--

heyyyo

it's me and i'm back with another chapter. i don't know if it will pull the heart strings bc i think it's a lil bland. it's okay right??

how would you guys feel if i changed this from a fanfic to like a different category?? change jacks last name to something different but keep all the characters the same. i've been thinking about doing it bc this feels nothing like a fanfic anymore.

let me know what you guys think, my messages are open and if you have any ideas just let me know.

i'm very sweet just so you know.

xoxo urban