8.

After I hopped off the counter I found my way back to the room I was in. The room was a pretty purple and all the furniture was black. I appreciated all that Mr. Gilinsky was doing for me but I had to get back to James, I know he would wonder where I was and who I was with. I also worried that when I saw him he would bring a wrath with him. I just wasn't ready for that.

I found some plush pajama pants and a big white shirt. It smelled of men's cologne so I figured it was Jack's. Before I could even come down the steps, I smelt the delicious food. Who knew a man could cook. I started walking down the steps then I wondered how far I could get out the door before he ever realized. But then again, I wouldn't want to bump into James. So instead of acting on that thought I walked into the kitchen. There was this whole big dinner laid out. He did all this for me? I'm impressed.

"Um sir, I appreciate all of this, but you didn't have to."

"I know I didn't, I wanted to."

"Well thank your the hospitality."

"This isn't me just being nice, I want to protect you and take care of you."

"All due respect sir, I don't need protecting."

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Yes you do, do you see all these bruises this man has given you? You don't deserve this, no one deserves this."

I was happy, I haven't been happy for a very long time. I feel important to him. I feel like he respects me. "Well thank you sir, I am very thankful."

"You don't have to keep calling me sir, just call me Jack".

Her calling me sir made me want to bend her over and just ravage her. But I knew it was too soon, she didn't know me and I barely knew her, I just wanted to save her. But I do know that working for me wasn't her dream job, I know she wanted to become a famous painter.

"So tell me about yourself Leilani." She looked up from her plate of food which she was just pushing around with her fork. I loved her eyes, it was the shimmery gold with little specks of brown, a little like cat eyes. They held a lot of mysterious information and I wanted the information to not be so mysterious for me.

"There isn't much to know, I lived in Massachusetts until I turned eighteen and moved out here to Florida, I love to paint and I'm an only child." I shook my head at her, that's not what I wanted to hear.

"That's not what I wanted to hear, there's more to yourself, I know there is". She just shook her head and went back to moving her dinner. I just stared at her, how did a pretty girl like herself get stuck with a man like James?

--

this is short and overdue. I realized that writing is so much fun and I need to get back into it, which I will. I probably lost readers again but I don't care. I appreciate all of you that have stuck by my laziness.

xoxo urban