Chapter 18: The Missing Link

Start from the beginning

"and that about sums it up. They fight strong challengers and beat them" said Arion

"Zophia though...is now walking her own path" Claire sat back down "She's making her own decisions...such as travelling with you. Experiencing...emotions she was not even programmed to feel. And What got even stranger, before we set off for the third trial, Zophia said something. Zophia sensed she was on a direct and straight path and is now...making her own. Almost as if...she was aware of who she was, you know as an A.I"

 Arion just thought about what he was told as Claire finished her ice cream while the day started to approach the evening "so to answer your question Arion...I don't know"  Claire replied "Now...there's something I'd like to ask you? This is just out of curiosity but...what memories does Alise have anyway?"

"not much" said Arion "She, only, really has four memories all resolving around a place she thinks she used to live in. The first are letters. She only remembers the following letters of what I can only assume are letters of the name...which is three words. For the first word the letters...een, for the second, tion and for the third...hana"

Claire pondered  "een, tion, and Hana. Nothing comes to mind of how those letters fit. Alright keep going what's the second?"

"she remembers looking out a window" said Arion "and seeing coloured lights that form a shape" he reached into his pocket and pulled out a picture "that sort of look like this" Claire looked at it

"It kinda looks like a Z" Arion tucked the picture in his pocket "alright the third?"

"she remembers...a wooden box...above a fireplace. She said the box was plain...but held a secret...when her name was spoken"

Claire began to go through what she was told "so...letters, a picture made by lights...and a box with a secret" the nightlights began to turn on "I didn't realise how late it got. Something to think about in bed"

"Yeah...I guess you're right" said Arion "come on let's go back"

" wait...you said four memories right? What was the fourth?" Arion watched as the lights came on all round town

"just...on a night" as he looked at a house high on a hill "that a green light" a green coloured light lit up "would...show?"

"what are you looking at?"

Claire looked at the house he was looking at "a...green light? That's...rather odd"

"Claire...what's that house?" asked Arion

"I don't know...why what is it?"

"I think...we should go there"

"what...you think that light might be from her memory?" Arion nodded "Now that is crazy. Alise is from Fantasia"

"No...I don't think she is"

Claire was just about to protest "just hear me out Claire" said Arion stopping her "We met the voice of Fantasia, and Alise asked the same question. The voice replied...the answer you seek...lies not in this world"

"so...she doesn't belong in Fantasia?" said Claire still confused

"Claire...I'm going to go look" Arion began running in the direction of the green light

"Arion...Arion" said Claire running after him "wait for me"

The night was just beginning to set in over the dark orange sky. Arion and Claire had arrived at what looked like an old two-tier house. The house looked almost empty as all sign of anyone living at the house appeared gone. Windows were broken, the grass was overgrown, tiles from the roof lay on the floor. Only the fence surrounding the house looked sturdy but even that looked ruined as damp and mossed covered it.