Chapter 5: A Battle of Speed

In the world of Fantasia the sun was beginning to sink past the edge of the world beckoning the arrival of the night. Many were now beginning to retire but Tema with Alise was being guided by Zophia to the next trial.

 Zophia was guiding them across a lone stone bridge to a strange building. It was smooth and oval like...sort of like an egg "well...there it is...the next trial" said Zophia

"it's" said Tema rubbing his head "not what I expected. It just looks like I stone egg"

"you...have got a point" said Alise as she saw the bridge going inside the dome "what is it Zophia?"

"Well, I know where this is. But I haven't gone inside. I do know it's called Mach-Wind Stadium""

"The Mach-Wind Stadium?" said Tema confused "what's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see for yourself when we get inside" the three went inside the egg-like building.

Tema, Alise and Zophia were walking down a dark stone stairwell with light at the bottom. When the three came out Alise stared in wonder "what is this place? It doesn't look like an arena or fighting ground"

"it's because" said Tema looking at it "hang on" he brought up a map of the place "this is a racetrack" the map showed the track was technically in an circle but not really circle in shape. "I know tracks can be...any shape but...if this person was going for an circle...the person was stupid, blind or both"

"I permit you not to talk about my track like that"

Tema and the girls turned to a man wearing a black jacket, over his bare chest, blue pants, black boots and black, knight-like, helmet covering his whole head. A voice spoke from this man "so...are you the challenger?" Tema nodded "then welcome to my track. I am the rider, and challenge you to the second trial" he said gesturing his arms out

The rider then gestured to the ladies "can the spectators go to the space located there" pointing to a small area within a corner of the track "there you will be able to watch the race"

"alright. Good luck Tema" said Alise

"yes, may the goddess watch over you" said Zophia

The girls went to where they were directed while the Rider spoke "so...here's the rules. We will race on those guys" he snapped his fingers to which three horses, one black, one grey and one white appeared over a red stripe "using these horses...we will race round the track three times. The first one cross the line wins"

"really that's it!?" said Tema "this isn't what I had in mind?"

"not all warriors have to strong. Warriors also have be keen and quick witted"

"you have got a point. Alright yeah I'm in"

"also a couple of things." The racer held up his hand to show  a blue arrow "if you ride over these you will gain a boost of speed but other than that it's a simple race"

The racer put a hand in his pocket and took out a game controller "here...you'll need this" Tema caught it "I'm pretty sure you know how to work it" Tema nodded

"surprise number 2" said Tema "I've never known steering a horse...with a remote control"

"now a word of warning. This is a boss battle so...this is how it works. The horses have a level rule. Are you above the number 35?"

 Tema nodded and displayed his lever "good that's sorted. Next each horse only has three hit points. Once they are hit a third time the horse and will vanish. You can still finish without it. If you beat me, you pass the trial. If I win, you lose a life" Alise gasped at this "so...when are you ready step on the horse?" Tema began walking over to the horse