Chapter 8: A Glimpse of Inner Power

Today was a special day as the legion of knights made themselves known. These knights are known as Lancelot, Gawain and Percival. The group of three armoured warriors, lead by the lord Arthur, would pick challengers to fight in combat. Lancelot, feared by many, picked a muscular huntsman. However Lancelot proved why he is feared by quickly dispatching of his opponent.

Gawain picked his opponent next, a feral girl (A human with cat features) but with simply strike he too beat his opponent with ease. Percival was last and much to his own surprise, Tema was chosen. Tema not turning it down challenged Percival demonstrating his power.

 But Percival like the others, proved how strong she was. After hitting Tema in the air, she hit him with a strong explosive energy blast and Tema was falling rapidly through the air towards the ground. Alise had averted her gaze as Tema approached closer to the ground.

Thor prodded her "Alise...it's alright...look" said Thor. Alise gingerly looked and saw Tema, now, gently falling through the air thanks to a current of air. Percival landed behind him with her hand held out which she used to make the wind current. Percival then gently laid Tema down on his back to which Alise looked relieved

"thank goodness" said Alise "She stopped him from crashing"

"yeah. Percival is also known for her kindness and chivalry" said Thor "he gave it his best though I mean look at Percival" Alise saw that Percival was slightly panting "she's actually tired"

Percival looked at Tema as Arthur spoke "well...that's the end of the third round. The challenger may have lost but...he gave his best. Give him a round of applause" cheers erupted from the crowd as Percival turned round

"you did well Tema" said Percival "It's a shame it had to end" as she walked away the cheers began to subside replaced by gasps and surprise.

Percival turned round to see Tema beginning to glow. Tema's hand clenched to which he slowly got up off the ground. Thor looked surprised and then happy "sweet...how lucky can he get"

"thor...what's wrong?" said Thor

"his limit burst kicked him. Which means he's got a second wind, and it's blowing like a hurricane. Tema's really going for it"

 Percival saw Tema stood up but unsteady as a yellow glow periodically rose up through him  "so...you still have some fight left. Well... if you want to continue" she said taking out her sword "then I'll be happy...too...fight?" another aura began to surge around him, that of a fiery blue.

Looks of shock appeared all throughout the crowd as the blue energy  rose all around him. Alise saw all the confused faces "Thor...why is everyone so shocked?"

"it's...what's happening to Tema" said Thor also in disbelief "He's activated over-limit. Over-limit is an ability which grants amazing speed however it should only be given to us huntsman so...how the heck did he get it?"

"the spirit of Fantasia gave him the power. It was his gift for beating the rider"

"So...she gave him it!? How? As far as I know...she's only meant to guide people. This is getting beyond strange"

Percival watched curiously at Tema's power "this aura...it's only supposed to radiate within the clan of the huntsman. Still with increased speed...he shouldn't be much problem" Tema then crossed his arms to which both aura's vanished "what's he doing?" then Tema spread out one arm to which two quills made up of golden-blue energy extended out from his back near his left shoulder.